Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Are you sure about that? I just got VoLTE working on my S7E. Mine is not from the Samsung store, but my point is that they didn't ask where I got it when I chatted with tech support. They just provisioned it, then I went into the APN settings on my phone and "Reset to default", and I now have VoLTE and video calling.

My phone only came with 2 APN's out of the box (there should be 4 total), but when I reset to default, the other 2 appeared and VoLTE worked.

Check the APN's in your phone. You should have IMS, Netsvcs, Rogers LTE and LTE Tethering.

If you don't have IMS and Netsvcs, you won't get VoLTE or Video Calling.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @GibMcFragger

Exactly that's how it works.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is there a supply issue? My carrier told me today that they won't be receiving any S7 Edges until the beginning of June... Very disappointing as I've been waiting for my phone since launch.
I Plan to Stick Around

Join the club. Me too. 😧😔
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung store has them. just be ready for many features not working
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

If you get it from the Samsung store through a carrier the features will work.. It's when it's unlocked some features won't work...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kay_Boogie

That is correct. U have been waiting for a while. 😞
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jhkjklhkjl

Yes there is. Samsung has some in there stores but like Apple Samsung sends more units to their locations then carriers or any third party store. Rogers slowly got some but not many.
I Plan to Stick Around

its not worth getting unlocked. if they told me all the bad things i have to deal with i would never ever have gotten the unlocked phone. not having volte is a major bummer..
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kavkaz

I do agree with you but again not every rep knows those issues. Please do remember that the reps that work at the Samsung store do NOT have knowledge of what carriers settings work and what not works. They do not know unless Samsung releases them a email and because they want to make a sell they won't tell you that a feature or two won't work due to it being unlocked. As i said before, even an iPhone 6S that was bought from Apple fully unlocked wouldn't work on VoLTE and only started working a month ago or so.