cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :). 

1,055 REPLIES 1,055

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mohawkrocker

That is the policy. They have to open the box and make sure all is well and install the sim before leaving it leave the store. In some cases they won't bother and let u do it but it's a policy they need to follow.

Roam like home is a amazing service i find.

emhorton
I've been around

I'm curious if anyone knows when the silver edition of the S7 Edge will be available at Rogers? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @emhorton

At this moment there isn't any word on when the silver model will come out for the S7 edge. If they do say something, I'll will keep u guys updated.

Shilirui
I plan to stick around

I got my s7 edge last friday, pretty cool phone... but the staff at the rogers dealer store told me they never did anything about the $40 refundable reservation fee, so I never got my $40 back... besides, I thought the wireless charger came with the S7 edge, was I mislead by that? cuz I didn't see the wireless charger in my box...

btw, any news when the new VR gears are coming... the store said they were quite sure... probably couple weeks...

DavidPuddy
I plan to stick around

it doesn't come with wireless charger, just the usb quick charger, which is very good.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Shilirui

They have the Fast Adapter wall adapter which is fast charging but it never came with a wireless fast charging.

The $40 reservation fee will be credited back once the device has shipped to the store which means u will see the credit in the next month's invoice.

Shilirui
I plan to stick around

Oh, thats cool, thx guys...   any news for the VR gear

grace888
I've been around

How do i get rid of the cell broadcast that says the following:

'incoming message scanning receiving upgrade information for database".

I have already declined cell broadcasting and did not work.  360 security found fraudulent cell broadcasts but it still is broadcasting.

Help please.

@Meowmix wrote:

Hey everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :). 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @grace888

You can try going into the settings and change that.

At that point if that doesn't work then u would need to contact Rogers Tech support to see what they can do. Unfortunately we have no access to ur account or information on here.

Gabriel1
I've been around

When will Rogers begin carrying the Galaxy S7 Edge in Silver and Gold variants?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Gabriel1

At this moment there is no information in when Rogers will carry the S7 edge in other colors.

jhkjklhkjl
I've been here awhile

Does anyone know when corperate dealers will be recieving stock?  I've been waiting to get my phone for almost 3 weeks now.

holdened
I plan to stick around

how do I reserve the s7 phone? I tried to reserve under my account but I need an account or passcode to login to reserve a device which how do I do that ?? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jhkjklhkjl

Unfortunately no one knows this answers.. You will just have to wait until they get some in sadly

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @holdened

You need to log into My Rogers - Products And Services - Device Reservation. There should be a window that opens and gives u a drop down of the number u want u to reserve on and which device.

lynx01
I plan to stick around

So an update on my predicament. My swap was finally completed last week. I kept getting the run around from Rogers. I had to call in 6 times and promise them I'd cancel if it wasn't resolved in 48 hours. They came through with 3 hours to spare. Their explanation was that they had 6 phones set aside for swaps. Because of my tenure and amount that I spend with them they "bumped me to the top of the list". Sadly this still doesn't explain the lack of communication from a manager in the Retention department and I'm still very upset about this treatment will be calling them tonight or tomorrow to discuss appropriate compensation for this...wish me luck everyone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @lynx01

Oh wow that's no good. Hopefully when you contact u them again, they can do something for you! 🙂

holdened
I plan to stick around
Can't seem to do it.. I am getting to the device reservation page under my login and they asked me to input my "passcode" on the left and "login/password" on the right. Tried my account user that I login for my Rogers billing and says user not found or invalid ??? is there a special username you register or use for device reservation?? If you can point me that, that be great!

holdened
I plan to stick around

also anyone know if any of the stores have it? I am looking to upgrade and I want to get that trade-in promotion for the s7 that's going on right now

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @holdened

You don't need a adittional pass code. Hmm i would suggest calling into Rogers to see what's going on.

You would need to call each store to see which one has one in stock. I know our Best Buy has 2 left but again call the closest Rogers store to you and see!

GibMcFragger
I'm a reliable contributor

I got sucked in once I played with the S7 Edge. I like the fact that it's slightly smaller than my current phone,

water/dust resistant, and has the SD card slot again. I am going to trade in my S6E+,

and take advantage of the current Rogers credits/promotions.

But dang , trying to find one. Sold out everywhere, lol.

Do you know if the promotions/invoice credits still apply if I get it from Best Buy (for example), or does it have to

be a Rogers branded Store, which have no stock and no ETA?