Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hello @lynx01

That is correct. Best buy can not process a upgrade if the account to has already done a upgrade within the past 30 days as the system won't allow it to go through ( on Rogers side).

You doing the swap before doesn't nessaseryly mean that it will be as easy as last time. Due to the demand of the device and supply limitations with Rogers and some carriers, it will take a longer then usual timing to get it. Did you upgrade before hand and gave back that phone and wanted the S7?
I Plan to Stick Around

Essentially that is what happened. I got the Priv, it was severely defective and they sent out a replacement. Well the replacement has a horrible battery life among many other issues I've been having with Rogers. So in order to make it up to me the said they would offer me an "out of warranty swap" and waive the fee for that and give me any phone I wanted for free. So I chose the S7. That unfortunately doesn't explain why there's been 0 communication from Rogers. They tell me they have had the phone in Stock since at least Friday. So why can't this be escalated and handled already? This is a unique situation and I'm not exactly asking for special treatment, but seriously!! It's been 6 business days now not including the day I was processed! That's excessive!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @lynx01

Yeah since 2 swaps have been happening it seems like the system may be having difficulties doing the exchange or something else is going on..

I would suggest speaking to a manager to have them escalate this further. If u have done this, keep going at it until something is said or done. That's the only thing that can happen. I see ur point though and a little bit more communication needs to be done
I Plan to Stick Around

For those that didn't know or are interested in purchasing a galaxy s7 or edge full price from Rogers I was told by Samsung today that once the Sim card is put in it will lock to Rogers carrier.
Yet to call Samsung directly and they will give the unlock code to you to make it truly unlocked. That's what Samsung said today on phone when I asked them. So you won't have to pay additional to wsp for unlocking. Just FYI and I am not responsible if Samsung rep is wrong lol.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Stbear007

Unfortunately that is not correct. That's wrong information that the Samsung rep gave u. That only applies it you buy the device straight from Samsung. If you buy it from Rogers or any carrier, u will need to pay the unlock fee first.
I Plan to Stick Around

I will call again and record conversation as most companies do. That is what the rep said can be done. Ty for the info
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Stbear007

Just a friendly reminder, before recording the conversation, you need to ask the rep first if it's okay to record the conversation because if u don't get the Okay from them, they can charge you for recording a conversation without permission and also can be used towards u in any way possible meaning courts, CRTC won't help you either. So be careful with that. Many have done it and in the end it only hurt them then anything. Also if u do get the okay to record them, it doesn't mean they are right as well. Most reps including Rogers reps are always misinformed and give out the wrong information. I work for Best Buy ( Senior manager) thus why I am saying this to u. Rogers and all the other carriers have a policy which states any device u buy outright from them u must pay a unlocking fee. This is also included in the CRTC website as well.

" F. Mobile device issues

1. Unlocking
A service provider that provides a locked device to the customer as part of a contract must
A. for subsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, upon request, at the rate specified by the service provider, no later than 90 calendar days after the contract start date.
B. for unsubsidized devices: unlock the device, or give the customer the means to unlock the device, at the rate specified by the service provider, upon request.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t14.htm
I Plan to Stick Around

And the saga continues....so I got a rep that with the assistance of his manager decided they wanted to cancel the swap and reprocess it. Well that didn't work but I actually got a call back from the rep who at least kept me in the loop. He told me they were escalating this to see what is actually going on. When I spoke to them yesterday I told them I was giving them 48 hours to figure this out, or else bye bye rogers. I'm not dealing with the continuous mind boggling levels of incompetence that they keep showing. If they're going to try and pull this with me, someone who's been with them for 20 YEARS, who else do they do this with. Question for anyone? If I sign up for a new provider will they bill me for the phone, or do I have to pay for it on the spot?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

And in reference to recording a conversation, I pulled this from the criminal code of Canada:

The Criminal Code, R.S.C. 1985, c. C-46 [Criminal Code] imposes a general prohibition on interception (recording) of private communications, but then provides an exception where one of the parties to the private communication consents to the interception of that communication. Thus, broadly speaking, Canadians can legally record their own conversations with other people, but not other peoples' conversations that they are not involved in.

So under the law, you are permitted to record your own conversations without divulging that fact to the other party since only 1 party member needs to give consent for the recording ie. You, however if a third party is listening to your conversation ie. The government, that is not legal. I just found that out a little while ago myself as I thought it was illegal. So if someone tries to give you trouble for that, simply quote the criminal code, and you're OK since you're within the letter of the law.
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh I do ask the other person if OK to record conversation just like they do for my own protection as well. I've had companies lie about something and sent them a wave file of conversation and had issues overturned in my favor.
Again ty for the code