Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hey guys! 

As confirmed by Bell and Telus, Rogers will also release a update next week for both the S7 and S7 edge.  Security updates and some fixes as well.  This Seem to be straight from Samsung though.  This seems to be posted on their Facebook page.  I know Verizon got the update last week and fixed a few things. 

Screenshot_20160401-162115.png

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mohawkrocker

Then it should take a few days or a week to get it. I know our inventory was low until last night when we got a shipment in.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Malek777

Unfortunately at this moment there is no information on those colors. Most likely in a later date they will release those colors but not at this moment.
I Plan to Stick Around

The oculus store credit doesn't work. I called Samsung, chatted with them online but no one seems to know why its not working. You basically have to wait til they figure things out.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Malek777

It works for some but for others it doesn't work. I was looking on other forums from the US and many down there are having the same issue. So it's globally happening it seems.
I'm Here A Lot

Now Rogers is adding insult to injury. After finally receiving the Edge today I was unable to activate the sim card on MyRogers. Called their technical assistance who was also unable to activate.

They will forward the issue to "their back office" and "hopefully" will get it fixed in 2-3 days however I am still waiting for a fix on another issue that was forwarded to "their back office" since 23Mar! How long before this phone works?

Until then, I have a Samsung Ipod...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @real_es8

Did they give you a reason why? I know sometimes they have a issue provisioning the sim card on the account. This happened to me last year with the iPhone 6 Plus. It took 3 business days for mine to work.

This also happened with my Internet. They couldn't make the router work even though it was active on the account. There I was a provisioning problem.

See what happened tomorrow
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @Meowmix 

When I tried it from the MyRogers portal it gave me a message of "success" however on my phone it was coming up that the sim wasn't registered. All the tech said was that it wasn't accepting on their end.

Do you think it is an issue with the Sim Card number? If so, why couldn't I just go to a Rogers store and get a new sim card?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @real__es8

It did the same thing with me and magically it worked after 3 days of trying.

I would say go back to the store and ask them to exchange the sin card or give you a new one. They should be able to give you one without a charge if u explain what is going on. Then call from the Rogers store into the call center and see if they can activate it. If your account is a regular consumer account then they should be able to access it in store and activate the sim for you.
I'm Here A Lot

thanks @Meowmix

I tried again this morning and success... Edge S7 activated!