Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Thanks for replying but that wasn't my question, I knew supplies are low I was just wondering if I had to redeem the vr from the Samsung site and wether or not I have to pick it up or have it shipped.

Rogers has the total number of preorders they need to fill but still chooses to have some available for walk-ins knowing well the preorders will not get filled. Shipping walk-in units to stores before filling out preorders is beyond a terrible business plan, no one can deny it lol.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Arnott15

You can't redeem the Gear VR from the Samsung site. If u pre ordered with Rogers the only Rogers can give u the Gear VR. You can contact a Rogers managers and see if they can somehow send u one but unfortunately there is no other way. The only other solution which i was thinking about is if they can give u a credit of $145 on ur account and u just got buy out from a store. This way it's a win win but still

I do agree with that but sadly all carriers and all companies do this. Apple does it with their iPhone. They allocate more devices for their own stores then any carrier and this was been proved. Even their pre orders aren't filled but stores had some and many were upset. It seems to be trend.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Although I'm happy I've finally received my shipping information, I find it hard to believe that the delay was 100% Samsung's fault, as it's been mentioned a few times on this thread. Rogers really dropped the ball on inventory management during this launch and I hope a serious audit is done to look for how to improve their reservation system.

During my wait, I chatted with Telus and they mostly seemed to have a supply of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edges in stock. I could've cancelled my pre-order with Rogers but by that time I was past the pre-order bonus date so didn't want to risk losing it.

Don't take pre-orders if you don't have the stock to fulfill them. It's that simple.

I'm thankful for the discounts Rogers has thrown my way, but the amount of time I had to spend on the phone with them and the stress involved with having to plead my case over and over again to the rep isn't worth it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Calypsis

Well even if Rogers orders let's say 10,000 units from Samsung, its up to Samsung on how many they will receive. That's something I noticed when I spoke to a upper management with Samsung, LG and Apple. They all do this.

Now this doesn't mean it's not Rogers fault either. Rogers does indeed have a serious problem with the reservation system starting with business accounts waiting longer then usual to get their devices and also they need to close the reservation system down when there is no inventory. Also they need to change the format for mobile phones so we can reserve devices easier instead of using a desktop. That I do agree with. They can't put just allocate all devices to the reservation system and nothing for stores. Stores should get atleast 1-4 device in each for walk ins which don't want to wait for it and don't care about the free gifts. This won't happen with any company.

Other then that I do agree.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry maybe if I simplify lol. How have people been acquiring the gear vr through the preorder bonus? Do we have to pick it up somewhere? At the Rogers store? Through Samsung? Does it get shipped with the phone?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Arnott15

They will ship the Gear VR with the device at the store. That's how it usually works. You don't need to go to a Samsung store
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I was on the phone with telus and they are also out of stock. They dont know when theyre getting stock. The only place i found the edge was at the samsung store unlocked for the full retail price.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Malek777

I was about to post that as well. We just called for a customer that wanted one with Telus which we don't have on out store and manager said they are completely out of stock and most stores are as well. Only a couple if a unit or two in stock. Seems like stock is pretty low in many places
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Mine is finally coming today ... I echo others I am not happy with how long it took but I am excited!!! Can anyone confirm business customers get the GearVR shipped directly with the device?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

im just waiting for a tracking number, was hoping to watch the final four in VR but doesnt look like it