cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :). 

1,055 REPLIES 1,055

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Arnott15

When the promotion was up, it said " While quantities last" which means if they run out of the Gear VR, then unfortunately you won't be able to get one. Rogers can't be held accountable for this due to the limit inventory they get of the free bonus items from the manufacturers. The manufacturers put limits and how many they can give out.

I do hope that yours and eveyone else's reservation still gets one!

Magnum84
I've been here awhile
Its absolutely ridiculous.....i was about to pull all my lines from rogers until i checked my status one last time and finally saw the phones are going out. No walk in customers should of taken priority over customers who reserved whether they be regular or business. Im still livid.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Magnum84

No one walks should take priority? Cmon now that's kinda low here. I know your " livid" but try to think here.
Stores gets cancellations and a few units in stock. So the walk ins are able to get those. No carrier can restrict only pre orders can get the devices. It's been almost 2 weeks since the launch of the device so I am sure walk ins are allowed to pick up devices. Plus if u read the thread you would know many stores didn't even have stock. The stock they have were pre orders which were cancelled or had the odd 1-2 devices in stock.

The reservation system got over 2,000 units at launch. Then waited until Samsung sent them more which i can understand seeing as Samsung is responsible for the devices being sent out.

Magnum84
I've been here awhile
Dude....do you not understand the concept of "reservation" ? All four stores locally to me had edges available on launch day..... Trust me i know because i called all of them to see if there was anyway they could give me a phone while still giving me the gear VR. So yes....unless there is a cancellation there should be no units available until all reservations are filled. The business reservation line for the S7 edge only had 200 units allocated to it at launch. The regular customers got 2000? Yeah im still upset.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Magnum84

Oh i do. I make the same thread your typing on for all the devices that Rogers has on the reservation system. So i know about it...

Okay so really you think in your world that NO sorry including Best Buy, Samsung Experience store, Bell store, Telus store should NOT have any devices for walk ins and all devices should go towards pre orders first? That's selfish dont you think? How about this. Why don't you make that same comment to the manufacturers which are responsible for the release date, how many units each carrier or company gets and see the reply you get.

If you read my first post you would see that the business reservations usually takes longer then consumer ones. Since I have been doing these threads for over 4 years since the program started i can tell you I had my fare share of arguments with them about it. The business reservations seem to get the low quantities left and the regular consumer gets more for some odd reason but we can't go on and say "no walk ins should get it before we the pre orders get ours" that's kinda selfish coming from u or anyone else. That's what my opinion is though and I am pretty sure others would agree.

You had a choice. Either pre order the device and wait for it to come in and get the Free Gear VR which Samsung is offering for free and not Rogers, or walk into a store which has the phone a in stock and get one but no free gift as th me free Gear VR is only for pre orders. You picked to reserve like many of us but unfortunately Rogers didn't get as much as everyone though ( meaning how they gave low to the business reservations)

I see your frustration though and understand it but at the same time there isn't much that can be done. We can all sit in here and argue about the same thing but it won't make a difference. Been there and done that. It's all up to us on how we will go about it and either find a way to get the device or unfortunately leave and go to another company.

I am pretty sure if you call into Rogers and speak to a manager and tell them ur ordeal and see the discounts they offer, they might be able to do something for u.

Magnum84
I've been here awhile
Considering you make a thread for every phone thats released you should know this is a Rogers forum not Bell not Telus not Best Buy. The minute i reserved the phone i gained the right to be selfish and expect to get a phone on launch day. You say i had a choice? So did every other person out there that wanted a Galaxy phone. They could of just as easily reserved a phone the same as everyone else.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Magnum84

Doing a reservation does NOT give you the " to be selfish" rights. I don't know where you got that from but it's completely wrong and misleading.. If you did read the reservation page correctly and did read the FAQ which i posted on page one you would see this. The same thing was posted on the page u did the reservation on if u took ur time to read It same goes with my first post on page one.

"Reservation does not guarantee a device or place in line prior to public availability"

" Does reserving a device using the Rogers Reservation System mean I’ll get my device on the official launch date?
We can’t guarantee that you’ll receive your device on the day it launches. Our goal is to get your device to you as soon as possible, and we set aside inventory for customers who reserve devices. However, we also ship devices to stores that are not participating in the Rogers Reservation System program. The confirmation email you received when you reserved your device will contain more information about shipping timelines."

The first one is posted on the reservation page linked to the Rogers site and the second one is on the Rogers Reservation System page FAQ. I'm not going to sit here and argue about this with u but i do know ur feeling about this as i was once in ur position before.

sparky70
I plan to stick around

Oh Touchy touchy there meowmix.  For a person who is NOT a Rogers employee, you seem determined to defend them.

Based on your posts Rogers had 4000 phones provide by Samsung for launch day. The ROGERS promo was a free gear VR for reservations, from ROGERS. You are the only person telling us this was from Samsung.  All the ads I saw were from ROGERS. Nothing about redeem the offer with SAMSUNG.

SO about being selfish.  Lets use this analogy.  I want to go out for dinner next saturay at a nice resteraunt. I call and make a reservation for 7PM. They have 40 tables. I arrive at 7PM and all the tables are filled, some with those with reservations and some with walk in customers. They gave a free table to a walk in because they were guaranteed the revenue from that customer at the door. They only hoped that I as a reservation based customer would show up. Thier flawed decision was to give the table away before 7PM. Had they waited to see if I showed up and I did not then they could give my table away to a walk in. So given that I arrive on time and the table I have reserved is not available, am I being selfish to demand respect and perhaps compensation? Am I wrong if that happens every time I make a reservation to claim to the owner that his system is broken?

Now had I called for a reservation and they said Im sorry but we have no table available, but we can take your reservation for the next available table next weekend and we can put you on a priority recall if anybody cancels for this Saturday, I would then have the option to agree or go elsewhere.  I even know doctor and dentist offices that put people in a cancellation priority list in case somebody cancels an appointment, they get in before their  appointment date.  And Doctors and dentists dont have the resources the ROGERS has.

SO are we being selfish, NO. The Rogers system is broken, and has been for years.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sparky70

Nope jusy make to clarify things for many that didn't read. Nope not defending them at all. Just showing the FAQ and eveyone I know. I don't really care about defending them as i don't work for them but I have done many threads to know alot.

The Free Gear VR promotion was offered by all carriers in Canada including Samsung directly. Samsung gave the okay to all carriers to have this promotion. If u do your research u will see this. Even Best Buy had the same promotion as it was offered by Samsung to all carriers. Thus I know this as well. A little research will show u this. Go on Google and see it. All carriers in Canada, US and Samsung Experience stores gave this promo. If u also watched the video of Samsung announcing the devices u will see Samsung saying it there as well.

I'm not saying their reservation system is flawless by far. If u have read any of my post in my other threads u would see and realize that I also have had issues and also made a few comments of my own about the reservation system being broken and needs major fixing. Mostly toward the business reservations.

Arnott15
I've been here awhile
Thanks for replying but that wasn't my question, I knew supplies are low I was just wondering if I had to redeem the vr from the Samsung site and wether or not I have to pick it up or have it shipped.

Rogers has the total number of preorders they need to fill but still chooses to have some available for walk-ins knowing well the preorders will not get filled. Shipping walk-in units to stores before filling out preorders is beyond a terrible business plan, no one can deny it lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Arnott15

You can't redeem the Gear VR from the Samsung site. If u pre ordered with Rogers the only Rogers can give u the Gear VR. You can contact a Rogers managers and see if they can somehow send u one but unfortunately there is no other way. The only other solution which i was thinking about is if they can give u a credit of $145 on ur account and u just got buy out from a store. This way it's a win win but still

I do agree with that but sadly all carriers and all companies do this. Apple does it with their iPhone. They allocate more devices for their own stores then any carrier and this was been proved. Even their pre orders aren't filled but stores had some and many were upset. It seems to be trend.

Calypsis
I've been here awhile

Although I'm happy I've finally received my shipping information, I find it hard to believe that the delay was 100% Samsung's fault, as it's been mentioned a few times on this thread. Rogers really dropped the ball on inventory management during this launch and I hope a serious audit is done to look for how to improve their reservation system.

During my wait, I chatted with Telus and they mostly seemed to have a supply of Samsung Galaxy S7 Edges in stock. I could've cancelled my pre-order with Rogers but by that time I was past the pre-order bonus date so didn't want to risk losing it.

Don't take pre-orders if you don't have the stock to fulfill them. It's that simple.

I'm thankful for the discounts Rogers has thrown my way, but the amount of time I had to spend on the phone with them and the stress involved with having to plead my case over and over again to the rep isn't worth it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Calypsis

Well even if Rogers orders let's say 10,000 units from Samsung, its up to Samsung on how many they will receive. That's something I noticed when I spoke to a upper management with Samsung, LG and Apple. They all do this.

Now this doesn't mean it's not Rogers fault either. Rogers does indeed have a serious problem with the reservation system starting with business accounts waiting longer then usual to get their devices and also they need to close the reservation system down when there is no inventory. Also they need to change the format for mobile phones so we can reserve devices easier instead of using a desktop. That I do agree with. They can't put just allocate all devices to the reservation system and nothing for stores. Stores should get atleast 1-4 device in each for walk ins which don't want to wait for it and don't care about the free gifts. This won't happen with any company.

Other then that I do agree.

Arnott15
I've been here awhile
Sorry maybe if I simplify lol. How have people been acquiring the gear vr through the preorder bonus? Do we have to pick it up somewhere? At the Rogers store? Through Samsung? Does it get shipped with the phone?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Arnott15

They will ship the Gear VR with the device at the store. That's how it usually works. You don't need to go to a Samsung store

Malek777
I plan to stick around

I was on the phone with telus and they are also out of stock. They dont know when theyre getting stock. The only place i found the edge was at the samsung store unlocked for the full retail price.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Malek777

I was about to post that as well. We just called for a customer that wanted one with Telus which we don't have on out store and manager said they are completely out of stock and most stores are as well. Only a couple if a unit or two in stock. Seems like stock is pretty low in many places

Mine is finally coming today ... I echo others I am not happy with how long it took but I am excited!!! Can anyone confirm business customers get the GearVR shipped directly with the device?

im just waiting for a tracking number, was hoping to watch the final four in VR but doesnt look like it

Pharaoh89
I plan to stick around
Hey guys, has anyone been able to get the $65 Oculus store credit? I cant fill out the online form. It keeps telling me my IMEI is invalid. Inknow there were problems with it before but I thought they fixed it now?

Further: Rogers is offering the GS7 for $0 after trade in for consumer share plans. Has anyone been able to get any sort of credits for the phone on a business/corporate plan?? I got invoiced for $399. It's crazy how big of a difference that is!
Since I placed the pre-order through the business call centre, I wasn't able to do a trade in either.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Pharaoh89

Yup i was able to get it and showed a fee customers of mine and they got it! Just try using another browser and see if it will work

Those credits are only for regular consumer accounts if i am not mistaken. You would need to contact Rogers Business support line to see if they can offer you something like this. From what i have heard is no though but again a good try won't hurt.