cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :). 

1,055 REPLIES 1,055

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pmseguin752

You mean Gear VR? They offered that with the reservation. The Gear VR is powered by Oculus.

The $65 worth of apps for the Gear VR is from Samsung. Rogers and carriers don't have anything to say about it.

pmseguin752
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

I know, which is why I posted the link to Samsung Canada's promotion webpage. Since Rogers isn't offering the $65 (6 game pack), I thought people here, that upgraded and got the free Gear VR through Rogers, might be interested in getting the free games.

BTW, this is the same promotion that was offered to US customers, as was mentioned in this thread a few dozen pages ago.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pmseguin752

Yes that is correct! Rogers and other carriers won't promote this due to Samsung that has the rights for it.

Yes this promotion was added by Samsung Canada most likely due to the comments and posts on other threads and online about Canadians not getting those deals.

I just register for it with my IMEI number and got the email with the codes for the 6 games they are offering!.

Just a heads up, Samsung fixed the promo link and now you're able to register for the 6 gear vr games. It wasn't working before.

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/promotions/English/?marsLinkCategory=general:general&MKM_RID=8102132584&...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @caiju

Weird a couple if us yesterday got it done. Was able to register and got the email with the codes last night.. Thanks though! 🙂

sparky70
I plan to stick around

So,, if my order is still "open " i can cancel it and get my $40 deposit back, is this correct?

Why might i do this? If I keep my order I get the phone for the original price of 399 or 499,, and a Free Gear VR, currently priced and in stock at best buy for $139.  So I am out of pocket for $260 or $360 depending on which phone I get.

Now Rogers has a promo on if you go to a rogers store,  you get a $125 bill credit on your 2nd or 3rd invoice (eg 2 or 3 months later), $100 off the phone immediately, & $175 credit for any smartphone (it can even be a 6 yr old phone but not supposed to be a flip phone). This was at a official Rogers store where the guy let me see what his computer was showing.  See  the offer here https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/promotions  scroll down about 5 offers.  

SO If I go into a store $125 credit + $100 off + $175 = $400 when I sign up for a 2 yr plan,, so any line that has $0 remaining on its tab can be upgarded to an S7 for FREE or and S7 Edge for $100.

Now we all know the Edge is backorders and cant be found for love nor money so lets remove that from the equation.

Therefore an S7 for free, plus a trip down the road to Best buy and $139 and I have the same as in my opening paragraph.  This deal save me $121 dollars.  

Let me put it in other words,  reserving a phone early to get it ASAP will cost me $121, plus the aggrevation of not getting the phone early.

I thought it might be a good idea if Rogers atomatically offered this deal, PLUS the free gear VR for all of us existing customers who are still waiting for our reserved phone.  Why should we have to pay extra for the right to reserve when it provides no benefit. All they need say is we will receive the credits, and if we want the phone credit, bring the old cellphone to a Rogers store nad THat credit will be applied, no questions. 

Now I know it is not Rogers fault the phones are back ordered, but it would be a really nice PR thing to do for the Loyal customers who are still waiting for their reserved phone.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sparky70

That would be the best solution if you want to get the device upfront at this point. It sucks that there is a backorder on them devices because many are still looking to get it. There is a few customers of mine still waiting for it at my work as a pre order. There isn't much information we can give them as we don't know when the devices will arrive this why Rogers isn't saying much either.

I called in and got that deal as well. I was told they would take out $275 for my line plus another $100 due to something else that was going on so I am only paying $25 for the phone lol.

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @sparky70

That would be the best solution if you want to get the device upfront at this point. It sucks that there is a backorder on them devices because many are still looking to get it. There is a few customers of mine still waiting for it at my work as a pre order. There isn't much information we can give them as we don't know when the devices will arrive this why Rogers isn't saying much either.

I called in and got that deal as well. I was told they would take out $275 for my line plus another $100 due to something else that was going on so I am only paying $25 for the phone lol.

@Meowmix

Did you have to take a phone to trade in to your local Rogers store in order to get the $275 credit?

Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Train23

There is a different reason why I got it when I called in. The store didn't believe me when I showed them the site with the offer and I lost on it. Good thing when I called in, the manager was able to fix it for me. I'll be getting good that in 2-3 months time. I only for $50 for my trade in which isn't anything as the device was worth $200.

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Train23

There is a different reason why I got it when I called in. The store didn't believe me when I showed them the site with the offer and I lost on it. Good thing when I called in, the manager was able to fix it for me. I'll be getting good that in 2-3 months time. I only for $50 for my trade in which isn't anything as the device was worth $200.

@Meowmix

Do you know if Samsung is sponsoring part of the trade-ins? According to their site http://pages.samsung.com/ca/promotions/English/?marsLinkCategory=general:general&MKM_RID=8102132584&... you should be able get $125 for ANY phone purchased in Canada, any brand, any model, by taking that phone into a participating carrier (which I assume Rogers is). Having said that, it does mention on the Samsung site that the trade-in offer is not eligible to be applied retroactively to pre-orders. Did you have any trouble with the CSR because of your phone being on the reservation system?

If my math is correct, you should get $50 from Rogers and $125 courtesy of Samsung for your trade.

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Train23

@Meowmix

Also, were you on a Share Everything Plus Plan when you upgraded?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Train23

Even if you pre orders and or reserved via Rogers you will get it. From Samsung I am not to sure though. That's something you need to contact Samsung about.

Nope i had another issues with the store so I called in and the CSR helped me out. I did the upgrade in store then called in.

Yup Everything shared plus plan from retentions.

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Train23

Even if you pre orders and or reserved via Rogers you will get it. From Samsung I am not to sure though. That's something you need to contact Samsung about.

Nope i had another issues with the store so I called in and the CSR helped me out. I did the upgrade in store then called in.

Yup Everything shared plus plan from retentions.

@Meowmix

So did retentions upgrade your plan at no extra cost to you? Do you have to ask the CSR to forward you to retentions and plead your case with them - then switch back to CSR to get the credits?

I was able to upgrade through the reservation system and retain my Share Everything (no plus) Plan. If I try to get this deal by phoning in, do you think I will have to upgrade my plan? I've been a Rogers customer for many years so I think I have built up some goodwill with the company.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Train23

I spoke to retentions s last year which upgraded my plan. After I did my upgrade a couple weeks ago I called in due to what happened at the store and the CSR was able to assist me with the credits. Got the interaction ID number and ready.

You would have to call in and see what they say. It's different for each customer. I am sure they can

@Meowmix

I guess the worst they can say is no! Will give it a go and see what happens.

Thanks for your advice and comments.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Train23

Give it a try and see what they say! Worth a shot!:)

Shilirui
I plan to stick around

hey there, remember me.. the one who can't check the reservation status? Now, I can finally check my status.. but I don't see anywhere to find out which number I'm at in line... here is a screenshot... btw, I think I heared ppl complaining about VR gets cancelled for pre-order cuz they r out of stock.. what's it like now?

2016-03-28_1804.png

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Shilirui

When you go IN PROGRESS you lose your number. The number is only when the status is OPEN.

Also yes there is but again you can contact Rogers to see what they can do for you on the free Gear VR.

Shilirui
I plan to stick around

Oh.. ok.. stupid question.. could you once again post the progress.. think there is something like shipped, finalization etc.

besieds.. at which step should I get an email having a UPS number

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Shilirui

Regular consumer is

- OPEN
- IN PROGRESS
- SHIPPED

You will get a email once it has shipped out to the store. You will receive a text message as well.

sparky70
I plan to stick around

Hi well I called customer service to day, and was told that I can have the promotions I posted yesterday that basically give me the s& edge for $100, AND i WILL STILL GET THE FREE GEAR VR.  The person I spoke with checked with her supervisor and there is no restriction on the offer. I had them put a note to honour this on my file so the store could see it, just in case.  So if you have a reservation and pick up the phone in a rogers store then the following applies

Now Rogers has a promo on if you go to a rogers store,  you get a $125 bill credit on your 2nd or 3rd invoice (eg 2 or 3 months later), $100 off the phone immediately, & $175 credit for any smartphone (it can even be a 6 yr old phone but not supposed to be a flip phone). This was at a official Rogers store where the guy let me see what his computer was showing.  See  the offer here https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/promotions scroll down about 5 offers.  

SO If I go into a store $125 credit + $100 off + $175 = $400 when I sign up for a 2 yr plan,, so any line that has $0 remaining on its tab can be upgarded to an S7 for FREE or and S7 Edge for $100.

AND

SAMSUNG is offering up to 65$ worth of free VR content. go hear

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/promotions/English/   and read the part under "A GIFT FROM US TO YOU"

NOW I JUST NEED ROGERS TO GET SOME DARNED EDGES,,Im now #69.......