Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

@Meowmix

I know, which is why I posted the link to Samsung Canada's promotion webpage. Since Rogers isn't offering the $65 (6 game pack), I thought people here, that upgraded and got the free Gear VR through Rogers, might be interested in getting the free games.

BTW, this is the same promotion that was offered to US customers, as was mentioned in this thread a few dozen pages ago.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pmseguin752

Yes that is correct! Rogers and other carriers won't promote this due to Samsung that has the rights for it.

Yes this promotion was added by Samsung Canada most likely due to the comments and posts on other threads and online about Canadians not getting those deals.

I just register for it with my IMEI number and got the email with the codes for the 6 games they are offering!.
I've Been Around

Just a heads up, Samsung fixed the promo link and now you're able to register for the 6 gear vr games. It wasn't working before.

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/promotions/English/?marsLinkCategory=general:general&MKM_RID=8102132584&...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @caiju

Weird a couple if us yesterday got it done. Was able to register and got the email with the codes last night.. Thanks though! Smiley Happy
I Plan to Stick Around

So,, if my order is still "open " i can cancel it and get my $40 deposit back, is this correct?

Why might i do this? If I keep my order I get the phone for the original price of 399 or 499,, and a Free Gear VR, currently priced and in stock at best buy for $139.  So I am out of pocket for $260 or $360 depending on which phone I get.

Now Rogers has a promo on if you go to a rogers store,  you get a $125 bill credit on your 2nd or 3rd invoice (eg 2 or 3 months later), $100 off the phone immediately, & $175 credit for any smartphone (it can even be a 6 yr old phone but not supposed to be a flip phone). This was at a official Rogers store where the guy let me see what his computer was showing.  See  the offer here https://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/promotions  scroll down about 5 offers.  

SO If I go into a store $125 credit + $100 off + $175 = $400 when I sign up for a 2 yr plan,, so any line that has $0 remaining on its tab can be upgarded to an S7 for FREE or and S7 Edge for $100.

Now we all know the Edge is backorders and cant be found for love nor money so lets remove that from the equation.

Therefore an S7 for free, plus a trip down the road to Best buy and $139 and I have the same as in my opening paragraph.  This deal save me $121 dollars.  

Let me put it in other words,  reserving a phone early to get it ASAP will cost me $121, plus the aggrevation of not getting the phone early.

I thought it might be a good idea if Rogers atomatically offered this deal, PLUS the free gear VR for all of us existing customers who are still waiting for our reserved phone.  Why should we have to pay extra for the right to reserve when it provides no benefit. All they need say is we will receive the credits, and if we want the phone credit, bring the old cellphone to a Rogers store nad THat credit will be applied, no questions. 

Now I know it is not Rogers fault the phones are back ordered, but it would be a really nice PR thing to do for the Loyal customers who are still waiting for their reserved phone.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sparky70

That would be the best solution if you want to get the device upfront at this point. It sucks that there is a backorder on them devices because many are still looking to get it. There is a few customers of mine still waiting for it at my work as a pre order. There isn't much information we can give them as we don't know when the devices will arrive this why Rogers isn't saying much either.

I called in and got that deal as well. I was told they would take out $275 for my line plus another $100 due to something else that was going on so I am only paying $25 for the phone lol.
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @sparky70

That would be the best solution if you want to get the device upfront at this point. It sucks that there is a backorder on them devices because many are still looking to get it. There is a few customers of mine still waiting for it at my work as a pre order. There isn't much information we can give them as we don't know when the devices will arrive this why Rogers isn't saying much either.

I called in and got that deal as well. I was told they would take out $275 for my line plus another $100 due to something else that was going on so I am only paying $25 for the phone lol.

@Meowmix

Did you have to take a phone to trade in to your local Rogers store in order to get the $275 credit?

Thanks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Train23

There is a different reason why I got it when I called in. The store didn't believe me when I showed them the site with the offer and I lost on it. Good thing when I called in, the manager was able to fix it for me. I'll be getting good that in 2-3 months time. I only for $50 for my trade in which isn't anything as the device was worth $200.
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Train23

There is a different reason why I got it when I called in. The store didn't believe me when I showed them the site with the offer and I lost on it. Good thing when I called in, the manager was able to fix it for me. I'll be getting good that in 2-3 months time. I only for $50 for my trade in which isn't anything as the device was worth $200.

@Meowmix

Do you know if Samsung is sponsoring part of the trade-ins? According to their site http://pages.samsung.com/ca/promotions/English/?marsLinkCategory=general:general&MKM_RID=8102132584&... you should be able get $125 for ANY phone purchased in Canada, any brand, any model, by taking that phone into a participating carrier (which I assume Rogers is). Having said that, it does mention on the Samsung site that the trade-in offer is not eligible to be applied retroactively to pre-orders. Did you have any trouble with the CSR because of your phone being on the reservation system?

If my math is correct, you should get $50 from Rogers and $125 courtesy of Samsung for your trade.

I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Train23

@Meowmix

Also, were you on a Share Everything Plus Plan when you upgraded?