cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :). 

1,055 REPLIES 1,055

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

When I log into https://secure.rogersdirect.ca/ (I am a business customer) I can see that I am number 24 of 99...

Well guys I am getting ticked off with how long this is taking. The gear VR promo is enticing but I am also inclined to purchase the international variant online from clove.co.uk... Its just so expensive though. 1127 CAD with import taxes. We will see though.

sparky70
I plan to stick around

Ah thanks,, Im a personal customer so that wont work for me.  All I know is i am now number 71,  down from my high of 83 on March 10th.   This is an upgarde for me, so the line I am upgarding the phone is one of several for my family.  So currently that line is not on contract, and a second line comes off contract in November.  I wonder what Bell would do to have my cell business, 5 lines, unlimited Canada wide long distance and 20 gig of shared data.??  I could easliy split this off my internet and tv and live with two bills and move the other 3 lines as they come off contract over the enxt 12 -15 mths.(maybe Bell would even pay my penalty as I have heard they have done for others). Retentions may hear from me ealry next week......

DavidPuddy
I plan to stick around

i would see if you can find one in a store like I did and cancel your online order.  I understand that there are backorders but I don't understand ordering weeks in advance (to reserve an item) and basically having no advantage over normal walk-in customers after launch day.   Isn't this why we preorder/reserve?  To avoid things like this!  If I kept my online reservation I'd be waiting several more weeks.   Just like the Seinfeld episode, they know how to take the reservation, they just don't know how to 'hold' the reservation and that's really the most important part.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sparky70

You could do that if you like but Bell won't pay the cancellation fee anymore from what i have heard unless there is a promotion hidden. It's on ur own discretion on how u play this out.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @DavidPuddy

Actually most stores didn't have stock for walk ins. Here in Toronto i can name u over 6 Best Buys and also 14 Rogers corporate stores and authorized stores which didn't have walk in units. Only reservations ones. That's due to the amount Rogers got and where they put them towards.

Again it seems they put 2,000 units on reservation and set out to their stores as demos but Samsung didn't ship enough. I understand the frustration but again it's not Rogers playing here. Samsung tells the carriers how many they get. Not many know and understand this. Same goes with Best Buy. Most Best Buy stores don't have the S7 edge in stock either unless it's a pre order which didn't go through.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

Nothing will happen until Monday. Tomorrow and Sunday they are closed for Easter like eveyone else and Saturday they may get a delivery but won't ship it out as UPS doesn't pick up Saturday.

Manicfrost
I've been around

How much time do I have to wait for my reservation? It's been 2 weeks now 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Manicfrost

Honestly hard to say. No one can give u a straight answer as no one works for Samsung or Rogers warehouse. Samsung sends them to Rogers or any carrier at any time they can. So it all depends there.

sdogan
I've been around

Anyone have any updates on the S7 Edge availability for Canada in Silver Platinum?

DavidPuddy
I plan to stick around

the edge will only be available in black in canada, i already asked.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sdogan

All depends on the agreement with Samsung and carriers. Could take weeks if not months. Gold one should be out soon.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @DavidPuddy

Gold one should be out soon as they should have told u that one as well. The other colors will take time.

DavidPuddy
I plan to stick around

oh, someone on this forum said only black, as i wanted the titanium, oh well.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @DavidPuddy

That is correct. At this moment only Black is but Gold is supposed to come soon.

Well I really wanted it for a demonstration I am doing on VR this week at a FIRST Robotics competition in Waterloo, but I guess I won't be getting it.

And UPS is operating on Easter monday? That is good to know.

Still sitting at 24 of 99 in pre fulfillment. 😞

I still don't understand why people in the US got their pre-orders before the phone even released but here we are still waiting 2 weeks after the phone came out.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

I don't think they do ( forgot about Easter Monday).

Its a different country and different rules and policies. We can't assume because Americans gets theirs early we should do as it goes both ways right. We get things a bit early before they do. That should change but again it's all politics and policies that unfortunately none of us can change

pmseguin752
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix & @jackthecompguy

UPS is operating on Easter Monday (I confirmed as I'm expecting an unrelated delivery that day), as most businesses are open on Monday (business discretion to stay closed or change hours). Only the various levels of Gov and schools are closed on Monday.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pmseguin752

Thats right they are!. Only government is closed a day schools are ( some).

pmseguin752
I plan to stick around
Hey All:

Here's a little something from Samsung Canada. Thought I'd share it.

http://pages.samsung.com/ca/promotions/English/

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @pmseguin752

Rogers and all carriers are doing the same actually! :). They all have the same promotion 🙂

pmseguin752
I plan to stick around
I didn't think Rogers was offering the Oculus deal?