Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

i would see if you can find one in a store like I did and cancel your online order.  I understand that there are backorders but I don't understand ordering weeks in advance (to reserve an item) and basically having no advantage over normal walk-in customers after launch day.   Isn't this why we preorder/reserve?  To avoid things like this!  If I kept my online reservation I'd be waiting several more weeks.   Just like the Seinfeld episode, they know how to take the reservation, they just don't know how to 'hold' the reservation and that's really the most important part.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sparky70

You could do that if you like but Bell won't pay the cancellation fee anymore from what i have heard unless there is a promotion hidden. It's on ur own discretion on how u play this out.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DavidPuddy

Actually most stores didn't have stock for walk ins. Here in Toronto i can name u over 6 Best Buys and also 14 Rogers corporate stores and authorized stores which didn't have walk in units. Only reservations ones. That's due to the amount Rogers got and where they put them towards.

Again it seems they put 2,000 units on reservation and set out to their stores as demos but Samsung didn't ship enough. I understand the frustration but again it's not Rogers playing here. Samsung tells the carriers how many they get. Not many know and understand this. Same goes with Best Buy. Most Best Buy stores don't have the S7 edge in stock either unless it's a pre order which didn't go through.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

Nothing will happen until Monday. Tomorrow and Sunday they are closed for Easter like eveyone else and Saturday they may get a delivery but won't ship it out as UPS doesn't pick up Saturday.
I've Been Around

How much time do I have to wait for my reservation? It's been 2 weeks now 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Manicfrost

Honestly hard to say. No one can give u a straight answer as no one works for Samsung or Rogers warehouse. Samsung sends them to Rogers or any carrier at any time they can. So it all depends there.
I've Been Around

Anyone have any updates on the S7 Edge availability for Canada in Silver Platinum?

I Plan to Stick Around

the edge will only be available in black in canada, i already asked.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sdogan

All depends on the agreement with Samsung and carriers. Could take weeks if not months. Gold one should be out soon.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DavidPuddy

Gold one should be out soon as they should have told u that one as well. The other colors will take time.