cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :). 

1,055 REPLIES 1,055

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

steevy66
I plan to stick around
Update #3 here

Well looks like my solution has hit a snag! After having pre-ordered on the 5th of March, getting an email saying my device had shipped on the 10th, waiting patiently for it to never show, I spoke with a manager this Monday who told me she could ship one out to me that day and personally do the upgrade on the phone. I was told they had some devices in Stock and I would get it before Friday. As of this morning I had not received an email with shipping info and tracking number, so I phoned in for what seemed like the 10th time in a week. It turns out my upgrade is still waiting to be fulfilled and the system is showing zero stock.

The vaunted solution to the fiasco that my online device reservation turned out to be, has now become me waiting again now in a different queue. It's almost too much to believe! This had eroded what little confidence I had in Rogers to the point where it's almost comical if it weren't so infuriating...

bdbell84
I plan to stick around

@steevy66 Oh and not to mention, if you cancelled the preorder and did the upgrade with them, they likely wont honour the Gear VR bonus. Extra large sad angry face.

bdbell84
I plan to stick around

Anybody here recieve their reserved device? Did it ship with Gear VR or is it delayed/out of stock? Insights are helpful thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bdbell84

Yeah that is true. Unfortunately the pre order free gift is only for reservations so if u cancel it, ur out of luck. Same goes for any company that does pre orders. 😞

andrewschnarr
I plan to stick around

@bdbell84

Mine did not ship with the Gear VR, but just got shipped today. I dont know if that is because I spoke with someone at rogers about it or it was already getting prepared.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @andrewchnarr

What do you mean it didn't ship with the Gear VR. How did u do the order? If it was done via the reservation site then you should have. The email won't tell you

sparky70
I plan to stick around

HA rogers is so funny,, Im now 74, down from 83 on the 10th of march for an s7edge. for a personal reservation....yes the sytem is broken see my text acouple days ago,, not arguing withmeowmix,, just stating the erp and crm system that rogers uses is seriously messed up. 

steevy66
I plan to stick around

Hello @Meowmix

I'm not sure how its going to pan out with receiving the Gear VR. I didnt specifically cancel the online reservation... When I check it online it still says SHIPPED, I'm not sure, it'll probably stay this way indefinitely. Regardless at this point I just want the device to be shipped in a reasonable timeframe considering I pre-ordered a week before launch day. Because of all the delays and weird stuff that went on with my initial online reservation, I have received discounts by management that would cover the cost of a Gear VR if i choose to get one in the future, so I'm not going to lose any sleep about it. In my case though the system definitely broke down, multiple times! I have a manager that told me he will keep an eye in my order and stock levels and check it daily and phone me with an update... here's hoping!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @steevy66

Well that's good! Hopefully it does get delivered within tomorrow if not then Monday as Friday and Sunday they are closed and Saturday they don't do delivered at home. ( Only some stores accept deliveries).

Hopefully at the end it ends up good and no issues!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sparky70

That is something that's been like that for years but again hopefully it changes. We shall see

andrewschnarr
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

They only shipped the device and I received it yesterday and today they shipped the VR Gear. I reserved by using the online chat and they set it all up for me. So I am wondering if there was a flaw with that or not. But it seems like they corrected it fast regardless.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @andrewchnarr

Its normal. Bell was shipping their devices first and took almost 1-2 weeks to get the Gear VR. Some got it a couple days later. Same with Telus and if Best Buy didn't have any in stock, they would order it for u and take a couple days.

real__es8
I'm here a lot

Meowmix, thanks for your help on the board. 

Question: you indicate that the VR Gear isn't available to companies that pre-order however when I reserved on line on the business site it I am sure it indicated that the S7 Edge was available with the VR Gear just like right now it indicates that  Get a FREE LG CAM Plus when you reserve a LG G5 online. Am I missing something?

BTW I am 107/111

thanks

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Redzed

Please also call the store before going to make sure they have stock. Don't just walk in expecting them to have because while some stores may have, others don't.

The rep is misleading a bit here. You can't just walk into a store and think they all have devices. The online chat doesn't have inventory count for each store. Sadly this rep is giving false information once again. Also if yours is still " OPEN" status then yes u can go into a Rogers store and pick up a unit they have but u must cancel the reservation after ur self in order to get the $40 back. The store rep can't do it for u.

The Chrome cast is ONLY for online orders only. Meaning that u need to upgrade via the Rogers website to get. It seems this rep is giving way to much wrong information.

Also yes they will let u upgrade to the phone if they have it and give u all those deals but u won't get the Free Gear VR if that's what's u and others want. Unfortunately that's only for reservations only.

" Offer available March 15-Apr 14/16 while quantities last on rogers.com only, and is subject to change without notice. Free Google Chromecast available with purchase of an Android smartphone and activation of a 2-yr Share Everything plan. Available for redemption by visiting"

So you won't get the Gear VR unless your reservation is at the store as the free Gear VR is only if u reserved the device and it has shipped to the store and sadly you won't get the chrome cast as u can see above its only for online orders.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sparky70

That is correct. The only way to get those discounts is if you give in ur old phone ( must be eligible) to get the $175 off and you also get the $100 off as well.

As for the chrome cast that's only a online offer not in store offer unfortunately. So u won't be eligible for that.

" Offer available March 15-Apr 14/16 while quantities last on rogers.com only, and is subject to change without notice. Free Google Chromecast available with purchase of an Android smartphone and activation of a 2-yr Share Everything plan. Available for redemption by visiting"

Thats also on the website. So the store will not Honor what the rep was saying as it was false information. The sitr clearly states that it's for online orders only done on the Rogers.com site

That is good news even if some of it is false info. I will be calling today to correct some issues on my bill anyways, and I am going to try and work with the rep to get my phone a little faster. Still no movement on my status. Has anyone with the business reservation actually got the phone?

@jackthecompguy

I'm a business customer. I started as #205 on March 2nd for an S7 Edge. On launch day I moved to #11. Last Friday I was notified that they discovered an issue with my account when attempting to activate my phone. I received a UPS tracking number today.

Based on watching the total number of people in queue, it appears that they send out the business orders en masse. It was about 170 at launch and then another 30 or so last Friday. Nothing since then. At this point my guess is that it'll be a bit more of a wait and then the floodgates will open on the remainder once production catches up with demand.

sparky70
I plan to stick around

Probably not the right place to ask, but will the S7 and S7E  be compatible with the VOLTE service rogers has?

Hmm... that seems promising. I am sitting at number 24 of 99... the denominator keeps getting lower so I wonder if people are just cancelling? I am going to phone in now, will see what happens.

I am wondering about volte as well.

sparky70
I plan to stick around

so how do you know you are number 24 of 99? where do you see the 99?

For business you login at secure.rogersdirect.ca