Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Ill believe it when I see it...45/56 here since Friday
I Plan to Stick Around

i reserved a gs7 edge on march 10, it moved from 59 to 56 in 2 weeks!.  I was lucky and callled my local rogers store and they had just got one edge last night, I rushed out and got it.  No VR set but that's ok, don't really want to wait another 2 months to get a phone I pre-ordered.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DavidPuddy

Yeah that's true. Unfortunately it sucks that they are in backorder :(. Atleast u got one!
I Plan to Stick Around

i know, got lucky, called at the right time.  They only got one!  They need to change this reservation process because it doesn't work.  Why would anyone reserve a phone weeks ahead if they didn't want it at or near launch day?  Probably won't use the reservation system again.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Woo hoo! Preordered on the 10th, at #158 for S7, its now on the UPS truck for the end of day shipping. Still am sharing my serious discontent with Rogers about their reservation system. I think a letter to the office of the president is called for now. 

I think Rogers should really hear us out on this process. It's broken. And the world will be insane for the iPhone 7 release lol. They have some time to iron out the kinks.

I Plan to Stick Around

u got that right, it's broken! hopefully u get yours soon, it's a pretty fancy phone , haha

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @bdbell84

Its been like this for many years so don't count on it lol. This is why I make the threads for Evey single reservation. This way u guys get some answers instead of just waiting lol. Answers that I can try and give haha.

Hopefully one day it gets fixed!
I Plan to Stick Around

Update #3 here

Well looks like my solution has hit a snag! After having pre-ordered on the 5th of March, getting an email saying my device had shipped on the 10th, waiting patiently for it to never show, I spoke with a manager this Monday who told me she could ship one out to me that day and personally do the upgrade on the phone. I was told they had some devices in Stock and I would get it before Friday. As of this morning I had not received an email with shipping info and tracking number, so I phoned in for what seemed like the 10th time in a week. It turns out my upgrade is still waiting to be fulfilled and the system is showing zero stock.

The vaunted solution to the fiasco that my online device reservation turned out to be, has now become me waiting again now in a different queue. It's almost too much to believe! This had eroded what little confidence I had in Rogers to the point where it's almost comical if it weren't so infuriating...
I Plan to Stick Around

@steevy66 Oh and not to mention, if you cancelled the preorder and did the upgrade with them, they likely wont honour the Gear VR bonus. Extra large sad angry face.

I Plan to Stick Around

Anybody here recieve their reserved device? Did it ship with Gear VR or is it delayed/out of stock? Insights are helpful thanks.