cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :). 

1,055 REPLIES 1,055

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JGordon

Unfortunately it seems like the system found something that needs to be looked at or changed. Even if u ask multiple reps they can't actually assure it. Business and corporate customers accounts very to each.

You will get ur soon!!

andrewschnarr
I plan to stick around

YAY finally shipped lol... Except tracking number doesnt work yet lol Even if they deliver tomorrow, I wont be home to sign, so Im probably not getting it til atleast Wednesday... 

steevy66
I plan to stick around

Hello @Meowmix

Update #2 here

So I phoned the store today and spoke to the store manager. He was courteous but quite simply said the same things that I have heard from everyone I've tried to talk to for information regarding this issue. He said that I'll have to just wait and see... He also gave me a vague assurance that he would speak to his regional manager to see what else could be done but it sounded pretty non-commital. 

The frustrating thing in this whole fiasco (yes i believe its reached the point where it can be called a fiasco) is not having to wait for a phone, that would be fine, its that something is marked as shipped and you are told it is on its way. Then a length of time passes where clearly if it was on its way it should have arrived by now and all i keep hearing is just wait and see. There seems to be no one at Rogers who can step up and fix it where clearly some glitch has happened and the device is never going to arrive at the store if it hasn't already. There also is no one who can verify if this did or didnt happen and where said device is!!

I noticed one peculiar thing while looking through my emails. I received the initial email stating the device had shipped on Thursday March 10 at 10;36 pm. 3 hours later at 1:13 am I got another email of a confirmation of account changes with a confirmation number saying my account had been adjusted with a credit for the $ 40 Hardware Reservation fee. I am mistaken to think this should only happen after you pick up your device? 

Anyways I am at a loss to know what to do next, @Meomix do you have any suggestions?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @steevy66

Hmm seems very weird on what's going on honestly.

Even calling Rogers and speaking to their management team or retentions doesn't help either?

sparky70
I plan to stick around

my reservation is still open,, moved from 83 to 75 in 11 days.. or 8 numbers in 7 business days....hmmm 75 business days....WOW JULY at this rate....glad I made a reservation...

andrewschnarr
I plan to stick around

@sparky70

What device did you order and is it corporate?

sparky70
I plan to stick around

S7 Edge,, no it is personal.  

mohawkrocker
I plan to stick around

Thats been my movement also in the last week. Started at 56 right before the release and now down to 45. This is going to take forever.  The only movement must be people cancelling their phones. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mohawkrocker

The S7 has been on back order due to the recent sells. Even Samsung Experience stores don't have much in stock and still are waiting for unit to come in.

mohawkrocker
I plan to stick around
Fair enough but that hasnt been communicated to the customer from Rogers as they are more worried about queuing people than customer experience. If they know its going to take past 14 days, they should communicate this to the client.

steevy66
I plan to stick around

Hello @Meowmix

Well I finally got a resolution! I phoned in and after 20 min speaking to low level phone agent I asked again to speak to either a manager or retentions as I had had enough. So I was put through and I finally spoke to a manager and explained everything that had gone on. She came back and offered me a solution. She did the upgrade right there over the phone and said they could ship me an S7 Edge directly. I was not able to trade in my old device as part of the tradeup program like i was planning but she offered me a discount that came close to matching what I would have got for my HTC One M9. She also confirmed that I was still eligible for the $100 bill discount promo on top of that. I am very satisfied with this persons customer service and am happy that a resolution was able to be found.

One thing I'm unsure of is how this affects the free Gear VR part of the pre-order, as I forgot to bring that up. Well if I dont end up getting one, so be it, maybe I'll pick one up eventually on sale. Anyways thanks for all the advice @Meowmix, greatly appreciated!

Who else is a business/corporate customer here? I am and my status is still in progress (pre fulfillment) and I am number 25 out of 113 ... I am at a loss as to why a supposedly pre-ordered phone is taking so long. I was expecting it back when I returned from vacation last Friday and so far this week no movement on status. People in the US were getting their phones before it even released for god's sake. I can't see how the US has so many in stock but Canada has so little... And at the rate they are gouging us for it we should be getting much better service!

bdbell84
I plan to stick around

@jackthecompguy I was 158, and despite 2 delays in verification, I was sent a shipping notice on Thursday night. It is still showing as "Ready for UPS pickup", many days later. This is certainly a tough situation, I've lost 3 prospective buyers for my iPhone 6 Plus. Maybe it's my fault for posting it for sale too soon, regardless...there's no point in reserving a phone if it isn't available to you two weeks after launch and people in stores are able to get some. In my opinion, if a store gets a cancellation, the device should be shipped out to the next in line. lol.

Dmob84
I've been here awhile
I am also a business/corporate customer. Currently sitting at #37. I was patient to begin with but i am too now starting to get rather annoyed with this whole deal. I also don't understand what the point of reserving a phone is if you are not going to take precedent over walk in customers. Its coming up on two weeks this is ridiculous. I could of walked in and got a s7 edge on launch day but waited because i thought my phone would ship out last week. I don't even care about the gear vr so looking back i wish i would of done that. Of Course now all stores are sold out in my area. What a joke.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dmob84

Do remember not all Rogers stores do have access to business and corporate customers accounts. So u could walk in but u may not be able to get it in the store level as well. Better to call in before. That's always the best thing to do.

I did state this in my first post on page one that business and corporate customers accounts may take longer to get their devices as its always been like this.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bdbell84

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. Once the device is in the store and gets cancelled, it becomes stores property and they can sell it to walk ins. No system allows what u posted sadly. Even Best Buy can't do that lol.

I do agree but as I said not all Rogers stores do have access to business and corporate customers accounts. There is only some and u can of course walk in and get one if they have in stock. That's up to you. I do agree though

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @steevy66

You are welcome! Hopefully it ships out soon and u get it!. As for the Gear VR I don't think you will get it seeing as they are sending it via the call center

Oh man, if only I even had a shipping confirmation. I agree, if the store gets a cancellation it should be shipped out next in line... If yours is marked as shipped, why not give them a call and complain?? Thats what I would be doing. My hands are tied since mine hasn't even been fulfilled yet. Maybe i'll just cancel it, lol. Wonder how cheap I can get one online or just ordering outright instead of being in the preorder queue? Hmmm. Then i'd lose the GearVR however. I'll give them until thursday to sort it, then i'll be phoning in before the long weekend.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

As i said before in my first post on page one it does state business and corporate customers accounts may take longer due to other issues but i have seen a wait for a couple weeks to a month almost for them to get it from AL the past threads I have made. I don't know why but they do it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

Unfortunately the stores can not do that. Stores do NOT have access to the system and also when devices are in stores and cancelled reservation or pre order, it becomes available to the next walk in. All carriers and even Best Buy does this with all their products. Companies do not want to do that. So it's not only Rogers.

As i said to @steevy66 call Rogers and speak to a manager and see what they can do. Push is the only way.

Dmob84
I've been here awhile
Yes i do understand that. And yes i called in before to confirm however i waited because i thought it was worth it to get the gear vr since i figured my phone would still ship the week following launch. Again my main frustration is that i reserved a phone on march 4th and yet i did not have one allocated to me on launch and still dont.