cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :). 

1,055 REPLIES 1,055

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @andrewchnarr

Honestly the call centers don't know much. They aren't trained for this. I would wait and see. I know the Samsung S7 Edge is indeed in backorder.

Calypsis
I've been here awhile

I've been calling the Business help line for the past few days now. I'm still at position 95/149 and I haven't received an update for when my phone will be shipped.

Has anyone received their phone in the past few days? Whenever I call Rogers their help desk doesn't have any concrete answers about when they expect the phone to come back in stock and ship out.

sparky70
I plan to stick around

Well well, everybody keeps talking back orders.  In Ottawa Ive been on the phone and there are severl Best Buy STores that have many s7 and s7 edges in stock just waiting to be purchased....

Im still waiting for my reserved phone...but all I hear are crickets...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @sparky70

Best buy gets devices via their other locations and pre orders which didn't get picked up. I can verify that for you as i work at Best Buy. Our inventory system shows 7 only for Canada.

Alph
I plan to stick around

Can I walk into a Rogers store and just buy the phone outright? Rogers has told me in the past I would have to give up my data plan (12gb for $60) in order to get a subsidized phone. Best Buy told me they won't sell me a phone for another couple of months.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Alph

You can if they do have in stock but they might add another $50 ontop for that. Also you won't get the Free Gear VR.

Best Buy does not sell outright device unfortunately the

bdbell84
I plan to stick around

1 866 727-2141. They have little to no information, there's some kind of disconnect. They need to contact their help team for assistance. 

They don't know anything. Most of it is a supply issue, which is out of their control.

LOL. They sent too many phones out to other brick and mortar stores. I thought the purpose of a pre-order was to get it either on day one or be the first to get it before the general public does. Oh well.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bdbell84

That is true. We got emails 2 days ago that there is a supply issue with Samsung. Also there seems to be a issue as i said with the SD card so maybe that's why?. Who know

I do agree with u though

bdbell84
I plan to stick around

@JGordon My order ended up in the pending status again after reverifying my employee status.  I was advised to call 1-844-776-4377, its the support team for individually liable accounts. They can look into the orders as they are the ones who make the necessary changes. Hope this helps.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @bdbell84

That is correct. That's the only team that can look into orders and also deal with any issues on the business and corporate customers accounts when reserving a device.

bdbell84
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix How come BB can't activate or upgrade lines for indv liable accounts? Its a shame to miss out on all their GC promotions! Some BB reps say it can be done others avoid it like the plague.

andrewschnarr
I plan to stick around

FINALLY:

In progress(Finalization)

Still awaiting shipment info though.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @andrewchnarr

You won't get that until the status shows " Shipped / Closed". That may be do tonight or within 3-5 business days!

steevy66
I plan to stick around

Update here, as of the store closing time yesterday device has not reached the selected store after receiving an email and text on Thursday March 10th at 10:30 pm. Status on Device Reservation has been "Shipped" the whole time.

Starting to become concerned here, as it is now 5+ business days, store has no info and cannot access any tracking info, they say to call Rogers. No one at the Rogers call centre has any info either as they say they cannot access the online device reservation system, it is all automated. I'm crossing my fingers that it arrives today.

For something that has been marked as shipped for this long I cant imagine it takes so much time. Its not the length of time that is bothering me, as i know the demand is high for the phone and can wait. Rather that I was told it's been shipped and is on its way to the store and no one, not I or anyone at Rogers it seems, has anyway of tracking where the device is.

andrewschnarr
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

more waiting lmao ha

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @steevy66

Is it a Rogers authorized store or Rogers Plus store?. If it's a authorized store the it will take long due to the authorized stores are privately owned. So they have their own warehouses where the device especially go before hitting the store. This is why there is a wait time and I also explained this on my first post on page one.

If it's a Rogers Plus store which is owned by Rogers ( Sells cable, Internet and such) I do wonder why it's taking that long

steevy66
I plan to stick around
Hello @Meowmix

It is a Rogers Plus location hence my concern. The funny thing is that when I pre-ordered I initially had set my pickup location to a Rogers authorized dealer but then changed it after reading your post about the possibility of delays.

Basically I've been told there is nothing to do but wait and see but if it runs into next week and there is still nothing... This has kind of left a sour taste for me concerning their reservation system.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @steevy66

When you got the email, did it come with a tracking number or no? Mine never did and I got the device the next day but some got a tracking number.

Question when u called the store. Did u speak to the store manager and ask if any reservations did come in and thr misplaced it?. Sometimes I have seen this happen.

When calling in they can't really do much as its a self serve online reservation.

I wonder what's going on. I do believe and be in the same place as u as i would be very upset

steevy66
I plan to stick around

Hi @Meowmix

No I didnt receive a tracking number. I just phoned the store again but the manager was gone for the day. Still no device today spoke to another store employee and was told that all the phones which have come in were picked up by the person it was for. I was told to phone back one Monday afternoon to check again and speak to the store manager. I'm quite frustrated and at this point, with my contract up, would consider switching carriers over this. 

No doubt several customers have comein and got the device on a walk in basis, so to have pre-ordered and still not have it is unacceptable. Thanks for your advice and help.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @steevy66

The only thing I would suggest is wait until Monday and see what the store manager says or maybe @CommunityHelps can see what they can do for you for the inconvenience this has caused.. I do know its frustrating to deal with this and I agree with u 100%.

Hopefully they can figure something out and if not then look around and make sure u research the carrier before going

@andrewschnarr wrote:

FINALLY:

In progress(Finalization)

Still awaiting shipment info though.

Hey, that's not fair!  I was #11 this morning and got really excited when I saw my status change to In Progress (Activations) around noon.  It didn't move any further after that.

Finally at about 7:00pm they changed my status to Pending and added a note to my file that they need more information. They assured me multiple times this week that everything in my account was verified.  They're closed now so I've gotta wait until tomorrow to sort it out.

Anyway, despite my disappointment I'm happy to see that us Business folk are at least making some progress.  Enjoy your phone!