Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

So I posted yesterday, about not getting a phone friday, even though I reserved one.  On thursday I was 83rd. This evening I am 78th. In Canada apparently.  SO Rogers or Samsung under provided the s7 EDGE by 80 some odd phones on the reservatiuon system. Today I find out the store near me, a rogers Store, and the local best buy stores are selling the S7 edges and have them in stock. ???  So how screwed up is this. Those who reserve dont get the phone and have to wait, while Joe Bloggins can walk into a store and get one right away??? HMMM something if fishy in Denmark....

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sparky70

I did respond to you but I guess u didnt read it..

Actually Samsung shipped out to Rogers more then 4,000 units. 2,000 units went into the reservation system ans business and corporate customers reservation system. The rest went to the stores and call center. Its up to Samsung how many units they send to the carriers and third party stores aka Best Buy. I work for Best Buy and i can assure you no edge for walk ins have came in and none in Toronto unless someone canceled their pre order. We had a conference call on Friday for that.

So whatever Best Buy you went to, had pre orders but we're canceled so they could allow walk ins to grab it. .

As for Rogers stores I did post that stores will get some units in but it's a handful. Not many.

Also the S7 and S7 edge are in a back order. Samsung Canada confirmed this to us via email they sent us this morning. So it could be due to that why Rogers isn't getting much but don't blame Rogers. They don't manufacture the device. The sell the units they get sent to them.
I'm Here A Lot

Just do not get the phone. I was 217th when I reserved the phone on February 21, I received a phone call from Rogers that I can pick up on March 10. I went to Rogers Store to upgrade on March 13. I was told to pay $25 a more per month for 2GB less plan because 7GB Share Everything Plan + I switched to last October is now old plan and new plan requires me to pay more.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ERC35

Yeah sadly that's true but it seems the carriers are doing that as new plans come out and make the older ones not compatible with the upgrades. The only other solution us buying outright if not at Rogers then at a Samsung Experience store
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I just recieved my UPS tracking number this morning!
I was ~#50 for business account, shouldn't take too much longer for people who're within #100.
Also I guess I can't complain too much for store credits now.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @caijuu

Glad to hear you got the tracking number! Enjoy it when it comes in!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm number 65. I hope I get my email today.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ZZAKIR

What does your status say?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix i don't have access to it as I'm in transition between residential to business account. Last time I enquired it was so "in progress". But not "in progress-finalization". I also had a delay because my Company code needed to be updated on my account. I clarified that with a rep on Friday evening.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ZZAKIR

Ah okay that may be a reason why yours may take a longer time but I hope not!!