Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hello @ZZAKIR

Thats for call center only. If your status with ur business reservations have changed to in progress finalized or activation then it will ship out. If not then a wait happens
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I got an email saying that they could not process my reservation at the current time because I had to call them to verify something with my account. Apparently my status is "in progress" but no shipping email yet. Not really sure where that leaves me? Very annoyed. But got a $175 credit. But I don't care about the money I just want the phone!
I Plan to Stick Around

Seriously, ??!!  i Have a reseravation and the store has one in stock and if I take that one I loose the gear VR.  what a stupid system, just need to comment in the system that Im still owed the gear VR and get it later. I am without a phone. I unfortunatley broke my old phone last wednesday, thought oh well Ill just wait till friday,, and reserved my s7Edge. Now its not here and its saturday going on,  a day some time in the future.....  ANd the store close by has them in stock....

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @sparky70

Its not a stupid system at all. A pre order bonus is ONLY when u pre order the item and it gets shipped out and you pick it up. Walk in products do not yet this. That's what u need to understand. Also this is Samsung doing this free gift not Rogers and all carriers including Samsung has the same policy. Either you wait for yours and get the Gear VR for free or get the device and don't get it. Not Rogers fault. Also if you picked a Rogers authorized store then that's a reason why it's late. Rogers authorized stores do not get them on after they ship. They are owned by a private company so the devices get shipped to another location and then shipped out again to the stores. This isn't a Rogers fault either. I did make that stamement in my first post as well.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ZZAKIR

That happens on some business and corporate customers accounts. It's normal. I have seen it in the past making the threads as well. It will take a few more days but if they contacted u, they should have it for u.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I will just chill,  No point in stressing about something I cant change. I will assume I get it in a month. Otherwise the anticipation will kill me! One of the down sides of being a business owner wth Rogers I guess, unfortunately.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @denzyl

I feel your pain. I was in ur position a long time ago. Don't worry!
I'm Here A Lot

I went to Rogers Store to pick up Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge I reserved. I have 3 cell numbers in my 7GB Share Everything +. I pay $85 for first line. My first line is no tab, seoncd line is premium tab and third line is no tab. 

I was told by Rogers Store employee that since I am upgrading my first line, I have to switch to another plan since 7GB plan no longer exists. I was told to pay $110 for 5GB or 130 for 9GB. I told Rogers Store employee that I will just pay the full price to purchase the phone and keep the current plan. I was told that Rogers can not sell the phone outright in first 30 days of release. 

I waited 40 minutes and I walked out of the store. What a rip off Rogers. What we, Canadians are paying for more to Rogers and get far less value from the service than Americans are getting from their cell phone service are ridiculous. We need more free market competition in wireless industry. 

I will never go with Rogers on contract.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ERC35

It all depends on the location. Store managers can refuse to sell devices outright within 30 days of launch. Some store managers do not care and do it.

That is also correct. The older plans are not eligible for a hardware upgrade so u need a new plan unfortunately.

I would say contact the store manager of the location and see what they can do.
I'm Here A Lot

The Rogers Store I went to was 9200 Bathurst Street. 7GB Share Everything + plan was not available on the Rogers website when I called Rogers last October. I called customer service last October and switched to 7GB Share Everyting + offered by Rogers Customer Service. I have been Rogers customer for more than 10 years. I pay at least $165 + tax monthly for my cell phone bill. I will never do hardware upgrade with Rogers again.