Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

How did you get some credits. Please share. I tried but no joy. Maybe I got the wrong person on a bad day.
I couldn't even get the $100 that's all over their homepage. She just kept saying you need to go back to the store and see what they can do.
I've Been Here Awhile

Recevied my UPS number this afternoon

(S7, 5th of business list)

One would assume I will see it Monday or Tuesday!

I Plan to Stick Around

Mine never arrived, walked into Rogers they had one left so I got it.
I'm Here A Lot

I got my edge this morning, and the process was was very easy. I love the phone, big differenc from my old S5. Thanks Meowmix for all the help and insight.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @malex31

Glad to see!! You are welcomeSmiley Happy
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Scas

Contact Rogers customer service and they should be able to assist us with it. Some reps aren't to aware of it
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Virtuatony

Maybe they were busy or closed the store for a bit while they went ? Or maybe UPS went to the store early in the AM when the store was close still
I've Been Here Awhile

Quick question to see if anyone can confirm a difference between a Rogers store and an authorized reseller. I pre-ordered the S7 Edge and was #25. It let me choose the store so I pick the closest to me. I get two emails, a text and an actual phone call saying it's ready. I stop by after work to pickup and dude starts processing it. I mention I'm paying for it outright and he says "oh, I don't think we csn do thst for you. Not without charging you an extra $50". I asked what it was for and he didn't know. Manager would not come out of the back to explain. They suggested I could try a different store. Oh, I forgot to mention that at this point he'd already deactivated my old phones SIM card, so I couldn't research or call anyone.

The Rogers site proposed this reseller as a pickup point without any warning it would actually cost more to do so. I ended up paying it since I plan on calling customer retentions today. Point is, I shouldn't have to fight to get it back in the first place.

Anyone experience this?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jack64

Unfortunately this is true. I had it happen and many times with other reservations customers have had it happen to them as well only buying it outright. The extra $50 is due to buying it outright. All carriers are doing this.
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks a ton for the quick reply on this Meowmix. I don't feel so bad as when I thought I was the only one. Saves me a call into Rogers at least. Smiley Happy