Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hello @Rob_Sutherland

You might need to call in tonight to retentions & speak to a customer service rep & see because those plans are NOT eligible for upgrades & you will need to up a new plan.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @enigma4321

Most stores will wait until tomorrow to call the customers. This way its easier for them & not have customers ask them to pick up today.

No problem! Glad i could help!!:)
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Im just glad I got the call to pick up my device tommorrow.  Happy to know my device arrived at the store.  I didnt even ask to pick it up today as I know they wont let it go today. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rghill100

Very nice! Glad to hear that!
I Plan to Stick Around

I was FINALLY able to pre order yesterday.. i am way down on the list at #316 ; <

but at least i get the headset... i am so anxious to go to a store tomorrow but with my corporate account i will have trouble..

BUT EVERYTIME i upgrade i get ISSUES and ISSUES.. last time with the s6 edge I had the office of president call me and things still have not changed...

I got an email after placing the pre order to login to secure.rogersdirect.ca to check my status and for the life of me i cannot login.. it tells me to change my password and just refreshes the login screen when i try to login..

i called rogers and NO ONE seems to know what the heck is going on... and when they do they say it's cause of a system upgrade that i cannot login... no its not.. cause i haven;t been able to login for 24 hours... 

anyway i hope it shows up and i am not waiting in vain for this phone... i am so tempted to just buy it outright from a US site for $200 more in the colour i want... but i dunno if i am prepare to drop $1500 on a phone

I Plan to Stick Around

Aw man. I've been using my iPhone 5 since it launched in 2012, and its crapping out hard.

I didn't want to upgrade sooner because carriers add $$ to your already expensive plan to cover the partial device subsidy. For example, Fido 5GB unlimited talk+text is $95 if you bring your own phone, and $115 for 24 months if you buy S7 for $400. It's crazy!

Now that I'm on a corporate plan through my work, the prices are fixed regardless of whether you buy a device or bring your own. And now that a good phone has finally been released, I really don't want to wait another day with my old iPhone lol 😞
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Pharaoh89

lol yeah i was in your situation a long time ago & believe me i know lol
I Plan to Stick Around

Just got off the phone with my Rogers store that my S7 Edge is/was shipped to, and they already have it there waiting for me to pick up tomorrow!! yahoo!! I will have to remember to bring up the $100 credit promotion, and also dispute the $20 activation fee when you "activate online" - since they don't offer shipping reserved phones to you home... been a Rogers customer for over 20 years now, this activation fee is kind of ridiculous if you ask me.

I'm Here A Lot

Got the call. My prrrrecious is waiting for me. I'll be there 1st thing tomorrow morning. Work will have to wait  😉

On a more serious note: now that the moment is upon us, who here has tips or tricks to share about making sure migrating your "life" from one phone to the next goes as smootly as possible? I know Google already does a fair bit to help but is there anything else to worry about and/or not forget?

I Plan to Stick Around

Chrome doesn't work for the reservation system... Try Internet Explorer... Spent so much time trying to figure it out.