Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hello @mandrelord

It usually changes Tuesday / Wednesday. Ships out either thrusday night or Wednesday night. Depending on how fast they do the process
I've Been Around

Anyone know if i'll lose my spot if i try to switch to the S7 Edge now. i don't want to jump to the end of the reservation list if i switch. 

Currently #280 for the S7 Silver.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cpereirasp

Unfortunately you will lose your spot and ur number. If you can ur current reservation and change devices u will start all over again and have a higher number
I Plan to Stick Around

IMHO not being able to walk in and pick up your phone on the morning of the launch date because they're going to call you in the afternoon defeats the purpose if you can walk in and pick it up that morning, without reservation.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mrnovanova

I understand what your saying. The problem is if the device comes the day of launch, you can call and ask to come pick it up or wait for the call. I always track it and call an hour after it arrives. They tell me to come at launch in the AM to pick it up
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix What made no sense to me was that I was #1 and that my phone was not at the store when it opened on launch morning. Pre ordering has got to be worth something is all I'm saying. It was a very frustrating experience but I'm over it now. This year I'll show up at the store. First thing Friday and buy a phone. I might get a VR gear, I might not. I'm cool either way.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mrnovanova

I was #9 last year and got it at launch. Mine was shipped out the day before so I don't know why urs didn't. I got the S6 edge. Honestly i would say wait and see.

If you reservation isn't at the store and u get a walk in device ( if they get them a day before as most stores get stock on Friday) they won't give u the Gear VR for free. Only when the reservation is there u will get it.

I do hope urs us at the store at launch and u get it!
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

If I cancel my reservation do I get my $40 back?

Thanks

I Plan to Stick Around

@JohnAcki wrote:

If I cancel my reservation do I get my $40 back?

Thanks

Hi @JohnAcki,

Yes, you get your $40 back if you cancel, or when you get the phone... but, as previously mentioned, if you cancel, you wont get the Gear VR Headset

Reservation fee
Please be advised that an immediate charge of $40.00 plus taxes will be applied to your account for the phone reservation.

Once the phone is shipped to the store or if the reservation is cancelled a credit of $40.00 plus taxes will be applied to your account.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JohnAcki 

Yes you will get back the $40 plus taxes reservation fee once u cancel the reservation and or when the device has been shipped out!

Just a quick note. If you do decide to cancel your reservation then you won't be eligible to get the free Gear VR.  You would need to purchase it at this point.