Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hello @ctjm

You will get it Friday for sure :). I am off that day but I am busy during the day so I am going to go pick it up in the evening lol.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if this was answered,  but will the pre-order gear vr ship to the rogers store with the phone? Or do we claim it some other way?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ctjm

With Rogers anything that comes for free with a pre order you get it once you pick up your device at the store. They usually ship them in the same brown box they ship the devices with and or sometimes the stores have limited quantities which they give out for the free orders. Like with the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. They came with a free Bluetooth speaker and they gave u the store stock of those.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @MooseOrton1818,

I already called Rogers for that info. I currently hace a 60$ plan and they told me the phone would cost me 699$ to keep the same plan. The 80$ plan is the "smallest" plan to get the phone for the lowest price possible, i.e. 499$, although I'm getting a 10% rebate for being a member of Caisses Desjardins.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MartinK7

Yes that was mentioned before as well. I don't think many are willing to spend $700 on a 2 year term for a phone when u can add another $300+ tax and get it outright. Even if you want to upgrade and stay on that plan, the system won't let it got threw unless u change the plan. I know this as i tried it at work. They can do it over the phone but stores may not be able to as the system may lock them out for it.

Anyways it all depends on each person but for me i wouldn't spend $700 for a phone on a 2 year term. I won upgrade the account plan and see what discount they can give or pay outright price.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

If im #1580 on the list for the s7 edge, is there any chance of getting it on Friday, with the VR?

It says while quantities last and if they were to run out I'd probably cancel the order altogether.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @koldingl93

If you talking for a out the device then Unfortunately no knows since that number is really high. None other reservations with number like that got their devicesat launch so I don't know. 

As for the Gear VR. If you will cancel your reservation then u won't get one. As for quantities last that is correct but even those in the #2,500 with the iPhone 6 got the free Bluetooth speaker. Again depends now many Samsung ship to the carriers. They wont says if they have ran out of them or not. 

Highlighted
I'm a Regular

woot! i am 246 in line on the business reservations, just reserved now.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks again meowmix!

I decided to cancel my reservation and order one from ebay.

I found a s7 edge in silver-factory unlocked / with no region lock for just under 1200 all in which is around what it would cost from rogers. No VR but i was just going to sell that anyways to recoup some $.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

Don't be so happy lol. Past reservations for business and corporate customers had to wait a couple of weeks to get their devices