I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!!
1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .
- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.
2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.
3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.
For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ
4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.
EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.
Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :).
I am a rogers customer. What i want to know is how much will s7 edge cost if i am using it with the 50 dollar plan? (koodo is giving it out for about 700 with about a 50 dollar plan). And I am asking this because my contract is almost over and I wanted to buy s6 edge plus but if its less or around the same price as the s7 edge, then i caould be interestred.
I am #1 on the reservation list and hope it will be available Friday am. Suppose to go out of town that day and would like a toy to bring with me...lol
Not sure if this was answered, but will the pre-order gear vr ship to the rogers store with the phone? Or do we claim it some other way?
If im #1580 on the list for the s7 edge, is there any chance of getting it on Friday, with the VR?
It says while quantities last and if they were to run out I'd probably cancel the order altogether.
If you talking for a out the device then Unfortunately no knows since that number is really high. None other reservations with number like that got their devicesat launch so I don't know.
As for the Gear VR. If you will cancel your reservation then u won't get one. As for quantities last that is correct but even those in the #2,500 with the iPhone 6 got the free Bluetooth speaker. Again depends now many Samsung ship to the carriers. They wont says if they have ran out of them or not.
Moved up the reservation line a couple more spots... now 456 in line...
Was in my local Rogers Plus store today, and the rep was telling me they already have some S7/S7 edges in their store!! Hopefully I'll be getting mine on the 11th... getting anxious!!
Anyone have an idea how much the new Samsung wireless charging pads are going to be? Or any word on pricing on the new Gear 360 cameras yet?