Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Nah you're reliable. I knew your info was at least what everyone else is saying.

It's just their info isin't reliable.

People can say it's "Liquid Cooling" as much as they want.... doesn't make it true. It's a heatpipe. Nothing else.

There is no tubing, no waterblock, no pump, no radiator. It's not liquid cooling. Period.

At best it *could* be a Vapor Exchanger (It's not). Which is what I thought it was.

Which again... is also NOT water cooling.... its closer to "Phase Change" cooling. The second you change the Phase of water to vapor its no longer watercooling. It's Phase Change cooling. Undoubetdly.

BTW, no ill will towards you man. None at all.

Just want to straighten things up, thats all. You seem like the type of person who would like to know correct information, rather than misinformation. Yes?

*edit*

LOL, apparently you already knew. Keepin your mouth shut... lol. Always a pleasure man. Always. 😉

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nexxusty

That is correct :). It's always good to know the correct information :).

Lol indeed I knew 😉
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hi

In  a previous comment, you said the carriers would get in trouble if they released or shipped the S7 or Edge device early. What makes you say that, as i can see more carriers worldwide shipping early to customers.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

getting into trouble for taking market share? I think samsung will actually love that.... 

In my theory Rogers do that (release right after on the 11th) so they can make few more dollar from ajusting billing cycle...

If you dont believe you can calculate it!  

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @johnx65

Canadian carriers have been punished before for releasing devices before hand. Also stores are not allowed to release devices before the set launch date. If they do they can be fined and have other punishments which can not be said on here.

It doesn't matter what other countries do. We are in Canada and unfortunately the devices get released on launch date. I'm pretty sure all of us can wait a week...

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @alexding

Unfortunately you are incorrect. It has nothing to do with adjustments on bills or bill cycles. The launch date is given by Samsung Canada and other manufacturers. The Canadian carriers including US carriers have to follow that. If a device or two slip out before launch it happens but unfortunately all of us have to wait until launch. This is a policy which all carries have to follow. What other countries do are not the same as Canada or US. Canadian carrier Stores have been fined big time for releasing devices before the set launch date.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Follow up to @Meowmix:

Some carriers in the various countries, have made deals with Samsung ($$) to release the phones a day or 2 before the official release deal as part of a promo to attract new customers or the so called carrier jumpers.

Unfortunatly for us Canadians, since carrier competition is relatively small, we don't really get that option. I can't see Rogers or others offer Samsung $$ to get a device early or even exclusivity.

Or at least that is how it has worked in the past and the US carriers have admitted to doing.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pmseguin752

That is correct. I know ATT with the S4 did that. Admitted that they paid Samsung to release it a day or so early but ended up only shipping 100 or less. Not much. Everyone else had to wait until the launch date.

Also i Remember Rogers doing this exact same thing with another device. A couple years back whoever reserved the device go it a day or two before the official launch date. The was the one and only time it happened in Canada from Rogers.
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Does anyone know, how does reserving via RogersDirect.ca (for business accounts) work? Does the device ship directly to my home? Do I get the opportunity to pay via visa right there or does it charge the bill? How does the free GearVR promo work? I want to get it, and the money from my 6p just got deposited today, so i'm going to reserve tonight or tomorrow. Looks like i'll have to call in though as it won't let me change my no tab line to a HUP without calling in.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

Thats only if you have a business or corporate account. If u do then yes it will ship to ur home but do remember as i pointed out in my first post. Past business and corporate customers wait a couple of days of a week to get the device due to some stuff on their accounts. It gets charged on the bill.