Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Sorry @Meowmix - didn't see the mention about the Gear 360 from the previous post... eyes are getting lazy already... but thanks just the same!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Scionergy

No worries!. If i see anything in our system I'll let u know :).
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi @Meowmix, I notice T-Mobile and few other companies started to ship the s7edge to their customers in the US. Will Rogers do the same to us(it will be nice)?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @alexding

Unfortunately most carriers won't. As mentioned before the devices will ship to the stores and the stores are instructed to wait until March 11th to release then to us. Also Rogers won't ship aby device until a day or so before launch to insure that this won't happen. What the US carriers do may be different and they may not get in trouble but Canadian carriers do.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You hope?

LOL.

You do know that NOTHING about the 810's heat issues were released until the SOC came to market right?

No way am I touching Snapdragon SOC's for at least 2-3 more generations. 810 was and is an absolute joke of an SOC.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nexxusty

Don't know who you are replying to as no one has talked about a chip in this thread since page 18 I believe. The 810 indeed had alot of heat issues. Samsung added liquid cooling into the S7 for their own Exynos chips.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey Meowmix. Still on here as much as ever eh bro? Hehe.

I did press the reply button... guess I'm too used to other forums... thought I pressed "Quote".

Liquid cooling hmm? For a 14nm SOC?

Yeah I'd wait on that being confirmed before stating it as fact. 14nm SOC's do not need liquid cooling. That'd be a complete waste of materials. The only added benefit would be reduced heat and we all know where heat once was, energy was used. The only effect this would have would be allowing the SOC to stay at max clocks longer or indefinitely.

Thus draining the battery out.

I'm going to have to ask what your source is on this? Been watercooling and extreme cooling PC's for over 20 years... there is a reason we do this. Heat... obviously. Samsung's FinFET 14nm IMO does not need liquid cooling, as it's again 14nm. It's counterproductive to liquid cool somthing that will never need it.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Oh... apparently it's a heat pipe. Must be a vapor chamber.

That is NOT liquid cooling. Marketing only.

We're good now.

*edit*

It's just a heatpipe. No vapor chamber. No liquid whatsoever. Just looked at a teardown of the S7.

Same practice has been used on Laptops and GPU heatsinks for years. Should have done this years ago. Every phone should have this. Not really impressed with something that I've been saying should have been done years ago.

However.... the S7 Edge being longer.... should have a longer heatpipe.. the S7 Edge will be cooler. Guaranteed. Not by much... still.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @nexxusty

Yes as you can see in the links above it is a marketing name as liquid cooling but it's a heat pipe.

Still this is something great to have on a device.