cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :). 

1,055 REPLIES 1,055

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Benisato

Even if Rogers does ship the devices out to the stores a couple days before launch, they can not release them until March 11th. This is a exact date Samsung Canada has given to all carriers.

Thanks kindly 🙂

Benisato
I've been here awhile

It doesn't make much sense that Samsung would allow early shipping in other countries but not Canada.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Benisato

It all depends. Apple does the same thing. A small percentage of devices get shipped before launch. All manufacturer s have this issue. So unfortunately you have to wait until the launch date like we all are.

malex31
I'm here a lot
Is black the only colour Rogers are getting in the Samsung S7 Edge? I could only reserve the black Edge but want the silver. Any thoughts?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @malex31

Unfortunately at this moment all carriers will carry just the Black Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Samsung Experience stores will carry the other colors but release those ones match 28th.

Hi guys... another question: What will the price of the S7 edge be on a Smart tab? (or whatever its called in between no tab and premium tab)

Also, does anyone know if I order over the phone with Rogers (after it comes out) if they take Visa Debit cards? (this is under a small business acct)

Cheers

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

Unfortunately we don't know that. The only pricing that had been released is $499 for the Samsung S7 Edge on a 2-year term and $1,000 outright.

They should be able to but it's best to call in and ask. I am sure they can though.

Scionergy
I plan to stick around
When I reserved on the 23rd, I was around 495 and today I am 461... but I understand that the numbers are for Canada wide?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Scionergy

That is correct. Your are #461 Canada wide on the reservation system.

enigma4321
I plan to stick around
I keep slowly moving up in positions too. Next week feels like a long way away when I'm using a old nexus 4 lol. Sold my other today in advance of the s7

Ah ok... hopefully we will know soon or at least after 11th March.

And i hope so... 🙂 I may call in and ask at some point if I have a minute! If they don't take visa debit directly I assume they can just charge the phone to the bill, then I can pay that part of the bill via PayPal EDIT my apologies, they don't take paypal, it would be by VISA debit or online banking /edit, via MyRogers/Business Self Serve, correct?

Scionergy
I plan to stick around

When I reserved the GS6 edge+ through Rogers, people were picking them up in the stores in Ottawa before I got my reserved phone... I think I ended up waiting a week or two before it finally came in to my Rogers store. I hope they don't have the same issue with the S7 Edge.

Another thing I found kind of misleading (and annoying), is the $0.00 activation fee when you order online, yet with reservations, they only ship to the stores, so you get nailed for the $20.00 activation fee (which to me is just a money grab anyways)

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

Lol it is but once we get the device in our hands, we will love it!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @jackthecompguy

That's the only way unless u pay at the store or via bank.

Scionergy
I plan to stick around

I kind of hope that they do come in on the 11th, as I am trying out (cough) an iPhone 6 - sent my GS6 edge+ in for dust under the glass - and I already miss my GS6 edge+ - not sure I can do the apple thing again, been on android since the iPhone 5s, but I thought I'd try it to see if the interface with my Pioneer AVH-X5700BHS head unit in my car any better than my GS6 - turns out my deck is already outdated and doesnt have support for either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto - *darn* technology advancements!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Scionergy

This is one way for them to get customers to make it activations or upgrades online but since u are reserving a new device, sadly u need to pick it up at the store. U can call in and speak to a manager or rep and explain ur situation and maybe they can wave it once the bill comes in. Depends on each rep.

It's not really misleading as it tell you ONLY online and u have to pick a device that is available. So you won't get the $0 activation fee unless the S7 Edge is available online and launched.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Scionergy

They should unless Samsung has a delay which I haven't heard or know of.

enigma4321
I plan to stick around
True! 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @enigma4321

I am getting the Samsung LED case for the S7 Edge and also since I have the wireless pad from last year I won't need that. Also since I got free screen protectors from work that I will be putting on as well.

Ah right, you are correct...you also reminded me, worst case scenario I can pay it at the store on debit which will work 100%. Thanks so much!