Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmseguin752
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Q1: Anybody know if Rogers will be getting the other colours on or around the same date as the Samsung stores, March 28th?

Q2: I've already pre-ordered with Rogers, if I wait a few weeks (if Rogers will be getting the other colours March 28th), will I still get the GearVR for free?

I would go to a Samsung store, but I'm not willing to drive 10 hours both ways 😞
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pmseguin752

Unfortunately at this moment there is no word on when the new colors will come out with Rogers. They will announce that near that date u believe.

If the offer is still available at the moment then you should. It all depends. They might extend the offer until then or not.
jackthecompguy
I'm a Regular

Ahhh I see. I'll just buy from Rogers then 🙂

Can anyone answer this question...: I am 17, if I were to reserve an S7 edge, can I go into the rogers corporate store and just purchase it outright no questions? Or do I have to have an over 18 person with me? If it matters I am a level one on the account, however i've been stopped in the store from doing alot of things since i'm not yet 18. Although i shouldn't need to access the account if all I want to do is buy the phone outright, correct?

Assume I don't end up buying it until after launch, what if I go into the store and just buy a handset from the stock they have there without reserving?

And then, after I buy the phone, and put my SIM in it, since I bought it outright i should be able to unlock it immediately, correct? (Even though my line has a contract on it for a different phone?)

Cheers

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

You should be able too. Again it's best to call that specific store you have it reserved too and ask. Ask to speak to the store manager and get their name. If anything happens when u do pick it up. Let them know you spoke to that person.

jackthecompguy
I'm a Regular

Ok, that sounds like a good plan... I listed my Nexus on Swappa today so we will see what happens. I am off to France in a week so i'll worry about getting the phone when I get back 😉

Also can anyone confirm the official release date in Canada, as in the first day I can technically just walk into a store and buy it without a reservation, providing the store has stock. ?

pmseguin752
I Plan to Stick Around

@jackthecompguy

March 11th is the official release date, reservation or not.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

You are welcome!:).

Samsung will release the device March 11th. This is for the S7 Edge black and Samsung S7. Also you might want to call on the date launch and see of the stores have stock.
mandrelord
I Plan to Stick Around

And what about the stocks for people who reserved? I know there's no way to know for sure, but I am #182 for the S7 edge and sure hopes to get it on March 11th. I guess that Samsung will send Rogers more than 182 phones nationwide but I wonder what you guys think?

MinkiMeowMeow
I'm Here A Lot

@mandrelord

I feel like you should be fine. I was number #90 when I made my reservation and when I cancel it two days ago I was #82. I feel like there's more and more people cancelling due to various reasons. 

By the time it launches you are probably #160 - 170. It would be ridiculous if Rogers doesn't even get 200 phones from Samsung, Canada wide.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mandrelord

Unfortunately there isn't any way of knowing what and how much will come. I am for sure know that they will get enough or all of us to get them at a launch!.