Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackthecompguy
I'm a Regular

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Where are you selling the iPhone? Kijiji? I've used Orchard in the past, although not sure how much they'll give me for my (128gb, gray, unlocked) 6s Plus.

And, we can buy the S7 edge from Samsung Canada, unlocked and without carrier bloat? Does this mean the unlocked version will get updates straight from Samsung and we don't have to wait for Rogers to release them? This may tip the S7 edge very much in my favour.... Is Samsung Canada only giving pre-orders, or a few months after the S7E comes out can I just buy it from Samsung?

Last couple questions, I promise 😉 :

Does anyone know if the S7 edge will come with samsung's earbuds in the box for the Canadian model? I was upset that my Nexus 6P didn't come with compatible headphones, as iOS earbuds I cannot use the volume controls and such with Android.

And lastly, is the Canadian model coming with the Snapdragon 820 like the US model, or is it coming with the Exynos like the EU/Int'l model? (and does this differ with the Rogers/carrier version vs Samsung/unlocked version?)

Cheers guys!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

I'm selling it for a good price so many are interested. Not bad at all!

Yes that is correct from what i know but best to contact Samsung Canada directly and they will let u know.

Yea they welcome with ear buds in the box. All Samsung devices do!

As reported before the Canadian Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge will come with Samsung Exynos model.
jackthecompguy
I'm a Regular

Yay for exynos....glad its coming with earbuds. I can't seem to find the link to buy direct from samsung unlocked, it just redirects me to Rogers preorder... Does anyone have that link?

One last question - is the S7/S7edge going to be compatible with Rogers VoLTE like the Note  5? What about wi-fi calling, Rogers really needs to open that up to android users ......

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @jackthecompguy

You have to go to a Samsung Experience store which there is only 5 stores in Canada I believe.

Yes it should be. Rogers has to enable the feature but unfortunately there isn't any information right now.
MinkiMeowMeow
I'm Here A Lot

@Canadianbacon

The Samsung website is still only listing the black for S7 Edge. Did you change your order to gold/silver?

I might call Samsung and do the same if it's working for you...

Thnks for the info!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MinkiMeowMeow

It's only for the Samsung Experience stores that have those colors.. Online will show black because it shows it for carriers only 🙂
MinkiMeowMeow
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix

Well, I set the store to Samsung, assuming it should show me what Samsung stores can pre-order. 

I tried calling but no one picked up (must be a busy day there). I will try to call them again and ask.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MinkiMeowMeow

Must be. Call in a couple of hours before the close and see
MinkiMeowMeow
I'm Here A Lot

Doooone! The gold and silver is indeed available and March 28th is the date. The sale rep said as long as I buy it outright I would get the 128GB Micro SD and the Gear VR. Perfect!!!

Thanks @Canadianbacon and @Meowmix for all your info and help!!!

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @MinkiMeowMeow

You are welcome!!!. Glad you for to pre order that one :).