Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hello @Brava27

I don't work for Rogers. I work for Best Buy. They are getting a demo unit to set up March 5th from what we were told but we are able to see them and test it out before then for staff training.

I've Been Around

Is the free Gear VR only for consumer plan activations and upgrades? Does it also apply to corporate plans?

Thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @arthur_z27

Most likely but you need to contact Rogers Business solutions and ask'

I've Been Here Awhile

I just talked to a rep over chat about this specifically. They were very vague and it seemed the VR Gear is only for new subscriptions or renewals. But they were just cutting and pasting from some material provided them. I don't know if they actually knew for sure.

I would love to reserve a phone, but I am not signing up for a new contact. I would happily pay full price if i knew for sure this promotion was honored. 

I'm Here A Lot

You get rewarded for contract renewals. Not for purchasing outright. Common sense I guess.
I've Been Here Awhile

That is not what the Samsung promotional material says. They say all reservations of the S7 get a VR gear. This is a Samsung promotion, not a Rogers deal. Why would Rogers care?

I Plan to Stick Around

AndroidCentral claims it could be either the Quad-core Snapdragon 820 or the Octa-core Samsung Exynos 8 - I read somewhere else that the Snapdragon 820 was going to be on US and UK models, and that we might see the Exynos 8 here in Canada. Also, I believe they are coming in 32GB and 64GB configurations (Rogers didn't offer a memory size option in the reservations) Samsung has also now brought the microSD card slot back - expandable up to 200GB, internal RAM has been upped from 3GB to 4GB, as well as a 3000 mAh battery in the S7, and a 3600 mAh battery in the S7 edge, although the batteries are still non-removable. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dice1111

Unfortunately it does not. It's only for new activations and upgrades. I just wanted to correct you. While Samsung site shows that, all carriers site show different. They are able to make their own rules and policies.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Scionergy

In correct. Samsung Canada announced that Canada will have the Exynos chip. I posted this yesterday. No Canadian carrier will have the 64GB model. Only the 32GB model will be available from the carriers.

Yes all that was also posted as well 🙂
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix - I was quoting an AndroidCentral article with regards to some of the specs... makes sense for only a lower priced 32gb option as they brought back the MicroSD card expandability up 200gb