Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Unless I missed a huge change in Canadian cell buyer thinking. The price of the S7's will be dropping soon. Not to open up a which is better debate but As much as I love my Samsung, it's no iPhone in the sales game. I don't forsee throngs of people lined up out front of all the "Samsung" stores for days awaiting their chance to buy the newest offering.

I am probably not alone when I say "I could care less about the Gear VR" discount my phone $150 or even better offer up a $150 credit to use for other accessories. The Gear 2 watch would be far more interesting to me than a headset I will play with once and throw into the office drawer.

I think they are missing a chance to maybe put a dent in Apples market share with this phone. It has everything it needs to do it on technical merit but that has never been enough to turn the apple faithful. Under cut the price as well and it may be a different story.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @elicitone

Agreed but it won't go down for a couple of months. So if u want to wait that's all up to you.

Samsung is trying to go after Apples market share but is shooting them selfs in the foot with the prices of the devices and such. If we want the most high end device from Samsung and don't want to wait then yes fork out the cash but if not then it's best to wait when the prices go down later in the next couple of months.

They won't offer the Gear S2 watch as its already been out in the market and it's just a watch. Samsung is trying to get the virtual market thus offering the Gear VR headset.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Samsung store at Sherway gardens pretty order bonus is 128GB Microsoft card and VR Headset $250 value. I pre-ordered mine their. Only place I recommend if buying outright. They need $50 deposit you will get phone unlock code when you pickup also so you can use any carrier.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Canadianbacon

Oh nice!. My boss wanted me to pre-order from them and I would get a free case, free Gear VR and also a $50 Best Buy gift card lol.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Sure doesn't seem like as much hype with the s7 as there was with the s5?  These threads seem relatively quite. I am looking forward to the release, just not the cost.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ctjm

Yeah i remember when the S5 was announced and when I made the same thread there was alot of hype. Do remember Sony announced their mid ranged devices and LG announced their G5. So some might hopped off the Samsung and testing the other devices.

I for one am happy and excited as well. The price for me is a big concern as well. Hopefully one day we see devices being low again.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The s7 will be my last phone until the s10 lol. Bet the 10th anniversary will be the next biggest one. Same with the iPhone 10. The S7 has everything i could possibly need im going to take care of it.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Canadianbacon

Most likely. They wait a couple of years to announce better things I noticed. I won't get next year's as this one will most likely be my last one as well. We shall see though.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Good idea!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ctjm

Exactly it is 🙂