cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

I am happy to announce that Samsung this morning announced the Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge!. Both device's seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and more!! 

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy S7 &S7 Edge to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung S7 Black, S7 Silver or S7 Edge Black. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

EDIT - As of tomorrow February 22nd the reservations system will open for us to reserve the device!. There is no time unfortunately.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help :). 

1,055 REPLIES 1,055

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

elicitone
I'm here a lot
I guess what it comes down to for me. Is $500 before tax for a phone on a contract is too steep for me. At $350 I would be picking mine up no problem. But for $500 someone else will be getting me pre-ordered Edge.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @elicitone

It seems prices for devices of high end will keep going up unless the dollar goes up and doesn't slope downwards. Also seems like manufacturers are asking for more as well.

elicitone
I'm here a lot
Unless I missed a huge change in Canadian cell buyer thinking. The price of the S7's will be dropping soon. Not to open up a which is better debate but As much as I love my Samsung, it's no iPhone in the sales game. I don't forsee throngs of people lined up out front of all the "Samsung" stores for days awaiting their chance to buy the newest offering.

I am probably not alone when I say "I could care less about the Gear VR" discount my phone $150 or even better offer up a $150 credit to use for other accessories. The Gear 2 watch would be far more interesting to me than a headset I will play with once and throw into the office drawer.

I think they are missing a chance to maybe put a dent in Apples market share with this phone. It has everything it needs to do it on technical merit but that has never been enough to turn the apple faithful. Under cut the price as well and it may be a different story.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @elicitone

Agreed but it won't go down for a couple of months. So if u want to wait that's all up to you.

Samsung is trying to go after Apples market share but is shooting them selfs in the foot with the prices of the devices and such. If we want the most high end device from Samsung and don't want to wait then yes fork out the cash but if not then it's best to wait when the prices go down later in the next couple of months.

They won't offer the Gear S2 watch as its already been out in the market and it's just a watch. Samsung is trying to get the virtual market thus offering the Gear VR headset.

Canadianbacon
I plan to stick around
Samsung store at Sherway gardens pretty order bonus is 128GB Microsoft card and VR Headset $250 value. I pre-ordered mine their. Only place I recommend if buying outright. They need $50 deposit you will get phone unlock code when you pickup also so you can use any carrier.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Canadianbacon

Oh nice!. My boss wanted me to pre-order from them and I would get a free case, free Gear VR and also a $50 Best Buy gift card lol.

ctjm
I plan to stick around

Sure doesn't seem like as much hype with the s7 as there was with the s5?  These threads seem relatively quite. I am looking forward to the release, just not the cost.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ctjm

Yeah i remember when the S5 was announced and when I made the same thread there was alot of hype. Do remember Sony announced their mid ranged devices and LG announced their G5. So some might hopped off the Samsung and testing the other devices.

I for one am happy and excited as well. The price for me is a big concern as well. Hopefully one day we see devices being low again.

Canadianbacon
I plan to stick around
The s7 will be my last phone until the s10 lol. Bet the 10th anniversary will be the next biggest one. Same with the iPhone 10. The S7 has everything i could possibly need im going to take care of it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Canadianbacon

Most likely. They wait a couple of years to announce better things I noticed. I won't get next year's as this one will most likely be my last one as well. We shall see though.

ctjm
I plan to stick around

Good idea!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ctjm

Exactly it is 🙂

Feralwolf
I've been around

Is anyone aware if Rogers Authorized Dealers will also have the accessories in stock at the time of pickup? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Feralwolf

That is up to each Rogers authorized dealerships. They are privately owned so they will carry whatever they get or order. Your best bet is to contact the store a day or so before launch. Sometimes the stores don't get any stock until the day of launch mid day or morning. Best Buy already is receiving cases and accessories but can not release them until the day of.

mandrelord
I plan to stick around
I'll admit, I didn't read the whole thread since it's pretty long, but I wanted to know what version of the S7 we'll get here in Canada? The one with the Qualcomm 820 processor or the one with the Samsung Exynos one?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mandrelord

It will be the Samsung Exynos S7 and S7 Edge models.

elicitone
I'm here a lot
Just out of curiosity. What is the highest reservation number. I think I am 130-something for an S7 Edge

Brava27
I'm here a lot

Anyone know if there is a place we can play around with these devices? Roger's in Eaton center in toronto had the s6 last year. 

mandrelord
I plan to stick around
188 here for S7 edge. By the way, when Samsung announced the Galaxy S7 at MWC, they said that people who pre-orders the phone would get it 3 days before the actual launch of March 11. Is there any possibility we'll get that lucky in Canada?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Brava27

I know our store will get them next week ( Demo) but nothing else. It seems like Samsung won't do what they did last year

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @mandrelord

Unfortunately not. That's for Samsung US only i believe. Canadians have to wait until March 11th.