Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Hello @timmay21

That is correct. If you want to receive the Gear VR headset it will be shipped to you I believe within 10 days of the account being opened. Bell and Telus has the same policy.

Even if the headset comes to the store the same time as the device, the store can not give u the headset unless u open the line up for a couple weeks and then cancel it. That's a policy they all have. Just a normal voice and data plan and then cancel it.

So it's best just to get the device on a 2 year term and then once u cancel, u will just pay the flextab which is the owing device balance. $12 50 disconnection fee and that's all.
I Plan to Stick Around

@timmay21That would be for people who wants to buy the devices at full price, (outright) since Rogers won't give the Gear VR to people who buys it outright! (Full price) One would have to sign a 2 year contract to get the phone plus free Gear VR then cancel after 3 weeks pay the phone in full plus 1month of service to get the Gear VR for free!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Jay_Starks

Exactly Smiley Happy.
I Plan to Stick Around

Please forgive my ignorance, but if a person is ready to drop $1k on a phone, what's another $140? To sign up on a 2 year plan and then canceling it 3 weeks later, will cost you 1 month service and a cancellation fee, which is at least $50 - $60 if not a little more. All to save $70 or so. Or am I missing something here.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks @Meowmix @Jay_Starks

I figure that I am pretty much forced into buying it outright to keep my current plan (6gb $30) and not have to switch over to the plans that are available now.  Hence figuring out whats required for the free VR.

But I am almost leaning to what @pmseguin752 is saying and that might even be more than $70 for all that work for a free VR and not worth the time and work.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pmseguin752

That is correct but carriers are allowed to do this as Samsung made the agreement with them. So Samsung is also to fault about it. The carriers make policies to have it like that unfortunately. Read my older posts to understand it more.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @timmay21

You can also go via Samsung and get it from them without going though all this. Unfortunately as i said it before all carriers do this due to the agreement with Samsung and other manufacturers.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I completly understand what you have said before and also why buying the phone outright, if you have a killer plan that isn't available anymore. Just for others that want the VR for free just because is what is perplexing for me. Smiley Wink
I've Been Here Awhile

@Meowmix

I wish I could go through samsung but I am in Calgary and the best buy samsung  experience store said something similar that they couldnt sell the phone outright and it wouldnt include the VR without 2 yr contract. 

I am not missing a way of buying it directly from samsung am I?  As all there is in Calgary is that one best buy experience store

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pmseguin752

Yeah that's I understand as i used to have a special plan like you and had to change over lol