Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge Questions / Reservation number!

If I have an amount owing on my flextab from my previous device, and I decide to pay the full amount all upfront for the S7 edge, do I still have to pay that early upgrade fee? 

Ive been told yes and no by rogers, its always a guessing game with them.

I dont understand why I would have to pay that off since there is no device subsidy if I pay upfront, but i could see rogers making me pay it before I upgrade. Doesnt make sense since I could get an unlocked phone from ebay and avoid the fee altogether.

Anyone know forsure on this?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @koldingl93

No you do not. Since you are buying the device outright, the flextab will not be touched. So no it won't be touched UNLESS u do a upgrade that's all..buying it outright will not affect it or touch it..
I've Been Here Awhile

If i have reserved a S7 edge (number 88 on the list), do I get a free VR headset if I buy the phone outright?

Can anyone confirm that by reserving the phone I can buy it out off contract, or is the reservation system only if you get the phone on contract?

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I assume the buy outright price from rogers is around 1000 like bell and telus? And by upgrade you mean with a 2 year plan right? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @koldingl93

That is correct. It will be $1,000 like Bell and Telus and Samsung Canada
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @pnguyen

Unfortunately no. I explained this on Page 11.. You can not get it unless u activate the phone on a 2 year term. The only thing I can suggest is to open a line up for a month and then cancel it. That's the only other way. You can also pre-order it from Samsung directly and get it.

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks very much @ meowmix

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @koldingl93

You are welcome!
Highlighted
I've Been Around

@thuynh01I tried talking to the rep at besy buy, no they do not sell unlock phones even the location has samsung experience store inside. Ended up going to Samsung store at Sherway Garden to place preorder for s7 Edge.

I've Been Here Awhile

I just spoke with a Rogers representative and they informed me that I have the option of either exercising the upgrade option or the buy outright option when I pick up my reserved phone. Not sure what is concrete information at this moment.

I am selling my current Note 4 in order to buy this S7. If i can't buy it outright in the store March 11. I'm screwed Smiley Sad