cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 unlock code not working...

JayJ890
I've been here awhile

Hi all,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 on my account that I've been trying to get unlocked now for a few weeks with no success. The first code provided by a sales representative was 7 digits and obviously wrong (I still have the official email with this error in it). I was told this was a mistake a few days later and the full and correct code was provided. After trying this one out, it still failed to unlock the phone. Fast-forward a week later (and 4 calls later to Rogers) I have a brand new code provided by Samsung through Rogers technical service. The new code still doesn't work...

I'm a bit at a loss here as I've done this a couple times before and never had this many problems for something that should be so simple and which I've apparently paid for already. Any help on this would be appreciated, I'm just honestly tired of calling and spending so much time on the phone the get bounced around from dept to dept explaining this over and over and this getting nowhere.

Thanks for your help - I appreciate it!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 unlock code not working...

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @JayJ890

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

We would need to take a closer look at your concern and look into your options to resolve this for you.

Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can assist.

@RogersPrasana

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hi @JayJ890

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums! Smiley Happy

We would need to take a closer look at your concern and look into your options to resolve this for you.

Please send us a private message to @CommunityHelps the next time you are online and we can assist.

@RogersPrasana

JayJ890
I've been here awhile
PM sent - thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JayJ890

Hopefully all goes well and you get the code which unlocks your device!! 🙂

bidonline
I plan to stick around

Do you know you need to put in a not accepted sim card before turning on your phone?

(i.e. any non Rogers sim cards, even expired pay as you go cards from other carriers would do)

Hope it helps...

emmaskykaydee
I've been around

Was there ever a resolution? 

My boyfriend is having the same issue.

Hi @emmaskykaydee

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums!

We can assist with the unlock code issue, have your boyfriend reach out to us via Private Messsage @CommunityHelps to take a closer look.

RogersPrasana

Johnmk
I've been here awhile
Hi there. I am having the same issue. I cannot unlock my galaxy s6 edge. Rogers provided 2 codes - network key and master key, and both failed to unlock. Please help.

Johnmk
I've been here awhile
I wonder how many people on this forum are getting a resolution. In my case it was a complete waste of time. Rogers is sending me to Samsung and Samsung is sending me back to Rogers. Both are taking my money for many years and giving me no support when in need. I am extremely disappointed with this 'free' unlocking process that resulted in nothing.

Hey @Johnmk,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting!

It can be incredibly frustrating when you're trying to get something to work and it just won't. Especially when you start to feel like the monkey in the middle between different technical support teams. If the master unlock code is not working, typically a factory reset is required on the device. Have you given that a try yet?

Thanks for your patience,

RogersTim

bidonline
I plan to stick around

Have you double checked the IMEI # of your phone given to Rogers/Samsung?

In addition, do you know you need to put in a not accepted sim card before turning on your phone?

(i.e. any non Rogers sim cards, even expired pay as you go cards from other carriers would do)

Hope it helps...

Johnmk
I've been here awhile
Hi. I followed all the instructions and managed to unlock my phone after 14-15 attempts. What helped was a recommendation from Samsung to try to use a different sim card. That's what I did-used 2 different sim cards (one after another) without resetting my phone. The master code was eventually accepted and everything works fine now. Thanks.
Topic Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 in conversation