Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

I heard that Rogers is pulling the plug on the Next program. Or perhaps it's already shut down? Lack of interest maybe?

I'm with meowmix. I sell my phones on Kijiji when it's time for me to upgrade. I sell one phone and always keep my last purchased phone as a backup. For a short time every upgrade cycle I have three phones on hand and the next one up to sell is the oldest of the three. 

With the purchase of this S6 Edge, I will be selling my oneplus one on Kijiji and keeping my Nexus 6 as a backup to the S6. I briefly had a Note Edge between the oneplus and the Nexus 6 but I dumped it almost immediately because of touchwiz. I'm really hoping the software is toned down this time like most reviews are saying it is.... It wasn't easy getting rid of that Note Edge though. The screen was absolutely stunning! I'm excited for this S6 ☺

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zeus268

Yeah Rogers is pulling the Next program as it wasn't doing much and not many were taking it. Many had issues with it from what i have heard. I am keeping my G3 and Z3 as a back up. Seeing as my Z3 is factory unlocked and boatloader unlocked so I can do pretty much anything on it lol. Usually I sell my previous devices though.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix

I had the G3 before the Oneplus. I was so excited for that phone. It was my first phone with quad HD screen and It was beautiful but that phone didn't do it for me for a couple of reasons. First, that screen, though beautiful was far too dim for me. Secondly the software, although better than the G2 which I had before didn't look or feel that great. I like Sony, HTC, and Motorola phones when it comes to the software. Less bloat and a more stripped down version closer to vanilla Android.
My Sony Z1 was one of my most beloved phones. Loved the waterproof as I did underwater video with it and the battery life was killer. I heard the z3 is even better!
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zeus268

The G3 with the new Lollipop update is amazing! Plus there is no lag and seems faster! My Z3 is the best device so far I have ever used. Battery lasts me 1.5 days at most and just having the SD card and waterproof was amazing.. Plus it's factory unlocked and boatloader unlocked so :p.

Anyway back on topic before anything happens haha. Can't wait until Friday!!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Actually come to think of it I'm using a business account now so while it will be shipped to my door there's a chance that I won't get it on Friday. I've read some other comments here that business accounts don't always get the phones immediately... Crap. Oh well here's hoping
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zeus268

Yes that is correct. In most if not all reservation threads I have done most business and corporate reservations were shipped a fee days AFTER launch as the business and corporate customers have a different plan /account settings so it does affect it. Hopefully it has changed.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

My position was 209, an now it's 179. Are these numbers based on the store ?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jazenf

Its nation wide based. So Canada wide not store wide.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Crazy guys and your April 10th launch date!!! hehe

it's ok i will make sure to post my GOLD device on launch day! I was debating whether to get the Note Edge or the S6 Edge... i actually didn't mind the bigger edge screen...but i had the note 4 so decided on the edge.

i sold my note 4 and kept the oneplus to tinker with... oxygen OS seems interesting.. loading it now... it will hold me over till the Gold S6 Edge comes out... new themes, new OS .. should fulfil my anxiety a little bit! 

I loved the G3 for it;s minimal bezels! it served me well... the pictures i took in Europe this past summer were awesome!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

1st post...

Hey everyone.

I reserved the Gold S6 Edge when I found out I won't be getting it till the 30th I canceled at even though I was position 100th...I reserved the Black s6 edge now and position 438th.

What are the chances I get it on Friday and will I get the free charger if I pay full amount for the phone and nor go on a contract?

Thanks guys.