Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

I was able to go into a corporate store today. The employee there was one of the rare helpful ones! He actually called in, got my order cancelled, and then sold me the one they had in stock at their store. I was in and out in 30 minutes and now have a beautiful new 64GB phone!

So if any of you can't wait any longer, you can try going into a store that has it in stock (has to be a corporate store) and see if they can just cancell your order and sell you the one they have!

Good luck!

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @spegs

Most corporate stores won't be able to do it though and that was explained before. There is only a couple of them that will do it. So instead of going in, call first to find out just incase u go in and they can't do it, u waste ur time like that.

Glad you got it!
I'm Here A Lot

I prefer not to call though, because if you call they will just say no, as you are only on the phone and not face to face. 

If you actually go in, it makes it harder for them to deny your request.

I Plan to Stick Around

I must say gal s6 edge has to be the best phone I have ever used. I was using note3 before this. Note 3 isn't bad either but man s6 edge sure has an awesome design. As everyone know it's hardware spec is superb as well. Battery isn't as bad as people said either. Maybe I am not a heavy user like the others but this does last all day for me.
I'm Here A Lot

The only thing I can't figure out on this phone is to turn of screen wake when receiving a notification. 

Has anyone else done this? Always bothers me when the screen turns on whenever a text comes in.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @spegs

That was for everyone not just you. Everyone has different vies on it and rather not waste their time doing that. I have seen many go to stores and getting told NO they can't. That's why
I'm Here A Lot

I have been waiting for a month now since the launch and I'm still position 26 for the s6 edge black 32GB. I called several times and they always tell me that it is out of stock. I have a feeling that new phones arrive and they automatically go to people who order them by phone. The representative told me that the order is not placed yet and he couldn't place one because there are none available. I called many stores and they only have 64GB and 128GB. Of course these are more expensive and I wouldn't get the charger.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DrMEC

Unfortunately that theory is wrong. Working in the industry and know people at the warehouse at Rogers I can tell u they aren't getting much stock. Samsung made a public statement saying they didn't make enough devices. If u search google, u will see this. The charger isn't a issue if u just want the phone Imo. Keep calling and see.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @Meowmix,
The reason I'm saying that is because my wife is also getting the samsung edge s6 but in gold. She is position 120 on the reservation list. And today when I called rogers, they told me the orders are not placed. They have the gold in stock and they made the order for her. So she will probably get them before me even though they started delivering the gold 10 days ago. So by that reasoning I think that the priority is not given to the reservation system. On April 10th my position was 39 and today 26.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DrMEC

It all depends on how many units that come in. They allocate between call center, business / corporate accounts, stores and reservations. That's how it works. If the call center has a few left in stock, doesn't mean they get first dips.