Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello everyone!

Just a few moment ago Samsung announced their new devices. The Galaxy S6 & Galaxy S6 Edge. The Galaxy S6 packs a 5.1-inch QHD display, 3GB of RAM, Samsung’s own octa-core Exynos 7 chipset, 32 / 64 & 128GB of storage, and a 16MP camera in the back. The battery in the S6 is 2550mAh while the S6 Edge packs a slightly larger 2600mAh cell , Wireless charging  & Cat6 LTE. Both devices have the same internals but just the EDGE has a bigger batter & weights more. Samsung has tipped that the Samsung Galaxy S6 & S6 Edge will be released April 10th but we do not know if Rogers or any canadian carrier will be included in that date.

Once Rogers announces the device / pricing & reservation information, Log into My Roges - Product & Services - Device Reservation & make your pick. please post anything about both devices on here.

Also please use this format when writing down which device you got & what reservation number you have & color / model. This will be used to know each users information so we all know what model / color & device u got.

Phone -

Color -

Model ( GB) -

Reservation number -

Location -

Again thank you for coming on here & hope Rogers opens up the reservations soon!!! Also another note to make. I would HIGHLY suggest you pick a Rogers corporate store for your reservation as in the past with other reservations the third party Rogers store may not get the device when it ships out & they use a different warehouse. So it may be a hassle.

Also please not making a Reservation with Rogers does NOT mean you will be first on getting the device & does NOT garranty you will get the device at launch. You will need to put a $40 deposit down for them to hold the device for you BUT u get it back once the device has been shipped or the reservation has been cancelled.

Click HERE to check out the Rogers Resevations system FAQ.

Again please keep any questions about the S6 / S6 EDGE in this thread!! Thank you:)

***Edited Labels.***

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

The S6 Edge has me drooling, but I'm going to wait until the pricing comes out for both before I get too excited.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RogersShaun

Honestly i thought of the same thing but knowing me i will get the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge when it gets released! I do like the design but upset that they took out the SD card option and the water resistants.
I Plan to Stick Around

does the samsung galaxy s6 have the same notification settings as the samsung galaxy s6 edge like There's a special Night Mode feature that will softly display the clock during the darker hours. You can also set notifications for email, text messages and phone calls to be displayed along the side of the phone. The edges will even glow different colors for up to five designated phone contacts. This will only work, of course, if the phone is turned on its belly.

plus samsung canada annouced that comes out april 10th

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kh29

That will only be told when someone does a actual review of the device. So when u see someone on YouTube doing a review and should answer it. I do think it will have the Same settings.

Yes that is correct. The Galaxy S6 Edge will display up to have colors for the contacts.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have a few questions...
Can we reserve a phone to purchase outright?
If we purchase a phone outright from Rogers will it still come with Rogers bloatware and will it still need to pay for the phone to be unlocked?
S6 looks pretty good but I want to keep my old contract, shame we can't buy outright easily like iPhone.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Nrgyzr

1. Yes you can. You can reserve it and once u go to the store u can outright purchase it but do remmeber some stores don't allow this.
2. Yes as u still are buying a Rogers locked phone but outright purchase. You will need to pay $50 to have them unlock it immediately for u if u buy it outright. No other way.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for your help Meowmix!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Nrgyzr

You are welcome!
I Plan to Stick Around

when can i reserved samsung galaxy s6 edge and how much will be on a 2 year contract