Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @acoldone

Unfortunately no carrier knows how many units they get from the manufacturer. They do place a order but it's up to the manufacturer on how many units they send out. The carriers only find out once they receive them. That I know.

Samsung is still shipping small amounts of devices so it's not like they are sending huge shipments. I know my buddy that works at Samsung US they have been told the edge will still be in limited stock.

You guys think you got it bad? The Samsung reps which are supposed to have them, don't have. The ones they are using are prototypes. Ones that have bugs still on them. Samsung reps have to wait until mid to late summer to even get theirs. It seems Samsung failed to even make enough.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers and Fido have always been very secretive about when and how many phones they will get. I don't really understand why and they awlays tell us the same lie that nobody knows. Yet it took one call to a supervisor to know exactly where to go get my phone and how many they had at that store. 

I don't buy the whole Samsung just sends phone and they arrive out of the blue at our wearhouse.Rogers needs to buy said phones before Samsung even sends anything. How many they bought Rogers has to know. And just like we get a tracking number when we order stuff, so do they. They know exactly when and how many phones they will get. 

Just like last week, our Rogers rep was able to tell me when they were expecting the shippment and that it wasnt enough to cover even 50% of the back orders. 

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @acoldone

Unfortunately no carrier knows how many units they get from the manufacturer. They do place a order but it's up to the manufacturer on how many units they send out. The carriers only find out once they receive them. That I know.

Samsung is still shipping small amounts of devices so it's not like they are sending huge shipments. I know my buddy that works at Samsung US they have been told the edge will still be in limited stock.

You guys think you got it bad? The Samsung reps which are supposed to have them, don't have. The ones they are using are prototypes. Ones that have bugs still on them. Samsung reps have to wait until mid to late summer to even get theirs. It seems Samsung failed to even make enough.

While Rogers may not get the amount of phones they asked for, i can guarantee you that they do know exactly how many are being shipped. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @angeluszero

That supervisor called the store / emailed them and found out. The stores are able to tell the supervisor's over the phone how many they have. That's because it gives the stores more sells and allows the store to make a sell. That's why. I worked on call centers and know the Rogers warehouse a bit better then a normal Joe to know what i am saying.

At times Rogers doesn't get any information on many units they receive. This happened with the iPhone releases, HTC and also Blackberry. They send a truck with so many in them. Then Rogers will divide them between departments and stores and such.

That is correct. Samsung has the last call in how many units carriers will receive. Not the carriers. The carriers will request let's say 20,000 but it depends on how many units Samsung can ship out. Again if u worked in the warehouse you would understand that the warehouse has more to deal with then a normal Joe does. Seeing the warehouse my self and i personally know 2 people that work in that warehouse they have told me everytime a new phone comes out, they get devices unexpected or at a certain date but don't know how many. They do a head count and make sure it aligning with the amount that Samsung shipped to them. That's how it works . 

I've Been Here Awhile

My phone just shipped. Got the notifcation after 9pm. It had been "in progress" for about a week. Excited!!! Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow after work or Saturday 🙂

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Me11yC wrote:

My phone just shipped. Got the notifcation after 9pm. It had been "in progress" for about a week. Excited!!! Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow after work or Saturday 🙂

How long did you wait??

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Originally I had ordered S6 edge gold 32gb through the call centre but heard later from somebody else that it might take a while.
So I reserved a 64gb on the website (just to see how many people would be ahead of me) and was #2. With the one week "in progess" it's been about 3 weeks total ....
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Me11yC

Nice to see it got shipped out! Enjoy the device!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been waiting for my device for 3 weeks now. I was told it would be around 2 weeks at first. Earlier this week i called Rogers and they told me that they had the S6 Edge white 32GB in stock, which is what i've ordered. I've asked the agent to double check and she confirmed that ineeded it was in stock and would ship if ordered.  Yet, the one i've ordered never got here. 

Does Rogers keep devices in stock for potential new customers? It looks like since i am already a customer under contract they don't care and put me at then end of the list while there's a device in stock waiting to be bought. If true then this is really an awful service from Rogers and would discourage anyone from signing up with them. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @angeluszero

Thats not true and i can assure you on that. Rogers allocates the stock towards reservations, business accounts, call center orders, store orders. So it goes between those. If you like, try contacting again and see if a Rogers store near u has one. Stores sometimes have stock.