Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

My phone just shipped. Got the notifcation after 9pm. It had been "in progress" for about a week. Excited!!! Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow after work or Saturday 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

@Me11yC wrote:

My phone just shipped. Got the notifcation after 9pm. It had been "in progress" for about a week. Excited!!! Hopefully I can pick it up tomorrow after work or Saturday 🙂

How long did you wait??

I've Been Here Awhile

Originally I had ordered S6 edge gold 32gb through the call centre but heard later from somebody else that it might take a while.
So I reserved a 64gb on the website (just to see how many people would be ahead of me) and was #2. With the one week "in progess" it's been about 3 weeks total ....
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Me11yC

Nice to see it got shipped out! Enjoy the device!
I Plan to Stick Around

I have been waiting for my device for 3 weeks now. I was told it would be around 2 weeks at first. Earlier this week i called Rogers and they told me that they had the S6 Edge white 32GB in stock, which is what i've ordered. I've asked the agent to double check and she confirmed that ineeded it was in stock and would ship if ordered.  Yet, the one i've ordered never got here. 

Does Rogers keep devices in stock for potential new customers? It looks like since i am already a customer under contract they don't care and put me at then end of the list while there's a device in stock waiting to be bought. If true then this is really an awful service from Rogers and would discourage anyone from signing up with them. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @angeluszero

Thats not true and i can assure you on that. Rogers allocates the stock towards reservations, business accounts, call center orders, store orders. So it goes between those. If you like, try contacting again and see if a Rogers store near u has one. Stores sometimes have stock.
I Plan to Stick Around

What i can't understand is why my device is still on backorder from three weeks now but i spoke to another agent a couple of minutes ago and him too said that the device shows in stock on his system. I don't understand what is going on here...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @angeluszero

Unfortunately no one here knows that answer. It could be that there is still a low supply. At my work we barely get any as is for any carrier.
I've Been Here Awhile

So this is a long story but I'll make it short for the forums.

I recently upgraded my service with Rogers about 2 months ago and I'm satisfied with my new promotional plan and rate. I was however promised a wireless charger pad for the Samsung Galaxy S6 by the retention staff when you call Rogers (those who put the loyalty plan together that I'm on now - over 10 years with Rogers has its bonuses!) and was told the item was coming from a different warehouse or stock than the phone I was also due to receive with this plan upgrade. 2 months after this interaction, I called back to inquire about the status of my product and was told it was no longer available and that was it - nothing to do anymore even if it was promised and logged on my account.

I find this unacceptable and when I brought it up with customer relations, I was told to go get it in store (where stocks might still be available) with a confirmation/interaction number I was given. I proceeded to calling the local area Rogers stores and found one with two left in stock. They refuse to give any stating that Rogers can't handout free gear from stores and that they should have credited the amount on my account instead so I could now go and buy one for the actual retail price in their store...

Needless to say, getting the runaround from the same organisation is irritating to say the least. Suggestions are welcome to resolve this because promising something and not delivering on it is unacceptable. Don't promise stuff you can't deliver.

Jay

***Edited Labels***

Good day @JayJ890,

Thank you for your post and Welcome to the Forums!

Normally, if a promotional item is made available while supplies last, it is not possible to obtain it afterwards.

However, if an agent promised you that you would be able to receive it in store after calling in, and that particular representative even gave you a reference number, we certainly want to see what could be done to potentiallty honor that offer. 

We understand the inconveniences of this situation and we would like to help you. 

We would love to take a deeper look into this and provide you with further assistance in regards to this matter.

The @CommunityHelps team will have the ability to reach out to you via Private Message.

Look out for the message in your inbox! :smileywink:

RogersMaude