Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @jerschwab

Unfortunately there is no information on Rogers or any carrier here releasing it tomorrow.
I Plan to Stick Around

i've ordered my S6 Edge through our Rogers corporate rep this week. Any idea if Rogers is getting more shipments this week or the next one? My current phone is broken and i need to replace it badly. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @angeluszero

Unfortunately No one does. They come in when samsung ships them to Rogers. It could be in a couple of days or weeks. All depends on them. I noticed slowly Samsung is shipping more
I'm Here A Lot

I finally got an email saying they were still "processing" my hardware order. Wow.. thanks for letting me know after a month that your still processing my order. Way to keep me informed with this one email after a month. There is a serious disconnect between the people peddling these phones and the people providing them.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @acoldone

If you mean by people providing them that's Samsung. Samsung doesn't tell carriers when it's shipping devices out. They will randomly show up at the warehouse. Rogers I do agree needs to update their email stage a bit better with weekly updates LIKE it says.
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I know Samsung is the supplier. I should have said whoever at Roger's who's in charge of knowing how many phones they will have available from Samsung (if and when). Getting an email after a month of basic silence isn't exactly good customer service. Not to mention Roger's bloody telemarketers have been phoning me after placing my order over the phone to add insult to injury. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @acoldone

Unfortunately no carrier knows how many units they get from the manufacturer. They do place a order but it's up to the manufacturer on how many units they send out. The carriers only find out once they receive them. That I know.

Samsung is still shipping small amounts of devices so it's not like they are sending huge shipments. I know my buddy that works at Samsung US they have been told the edge will still be in limited stock.

You guys think you got it bad? The Samsung reps which are supposed to have them, don't have. The ones they are using are prototypes. Ones that have bugs still on them. Samsung reps have to wait until mid to late summer to even get theirs. It seems Samsung failed to even make enough.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers and Fido have always been very secretive about when and how many phones they will get. I don't really understand why and they awlays tell us the same lie that nobody knows. Yet it took one call to a supervisor to know exactly where to go get my phone and how many they had at that store. 

I don't buy the whole Samsung just sends phone and they arrive out of the blue at our wearhouse.Rogers needs to buy said phones before Samsung even sends anything. How many they bought Rogers has to know. And just like we get a tracking number when we order stuff, so do they. They know exactly when and how many phones they will get. 

Just like last week, our Rogers rep was able to tell me when they were expecting the shippment and that it wasnt enough to cover even 50% of the back orders. 

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @acoldone

Unfortunately no carrier knows how many units they get from the manufacturer. They do place a order but it's up to the manufacturer on how many units they send out. The carriers only find out once they receive them. That I know.

Samsung is still shipping small amounts of devices so it's not like they are sending huge shipments. I know my buddy that works at Samsung US they have been told the edge will still be in limited stock.

You guys think you got it bad? The Samsung reps which are supposed to have them, don't have. The ones they are using are prototypes. Ones that have bugs still on them. Samsung reps have to wait until mid to late summer to even get theirs. It seems Samsung failed to even make enough.

While Rogers may not get the amount of phones they asked for, i can guarantee you that they do know exactly how many are being shipped. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @angeluszero

That supervisor called the store / emailed them and found out. The stores are able to tell the supervisor's over the phone how many they have. That's because it gives the stores more sells and allows the store to make a sell. That's why. I worked on call centers and know the Rogers warehouse a bit better then a normal Joe to know what i am saying.

At times Rogers doesn't get any information on many units they receive. This happened with the iPhone releases, HTC and also Blackberry. They send a truck with so many in them. Then Rogers will divide them between departments and stores and such.

That is correct. Samsung has the last call in how many units carriers will receive. Not the carriers. The carriers will request let's say 20,000 but it depends on how many units Samsung can ship out. Again if u worked in the warehouse you would understand that the warehouse has more to deal with then a normal Joe does. Seeing the warehouse my self and i personally know 2 people that work in that warehouse they have told me everytime a new phone comes out, they get devices unexpected or at a certain date but don't know how many. They do a head count and make sure it aligning with the amount that Samsung shipped to them. That's how it works .