Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @Me11yC

Again u explained this couple of times.. Samsung has limited their orders for all colors on the edge device due to limitations on the edge screen and glass. They aren't getting enough to supply the demand still.. Some have gotten the gold from the stores which have maybe one or two but most store in Ontario don't have any at all.
I Plan to Stick Around

I was told yesterday that rogers will not be receiving the S6 or S6 edge 128gb in gold. Can someone please verify if this is true or was it just a lie?
I Plan to Stick Around

Did anyone buy the clear view cover for the S6 Edge? There have been complaints that the cover is scratching the screen, although I haven't experienced any such scratches. I have been using the case for over 3 weeks.

Did anyone here have this case without the phone screen being damaged at all ?
The thread below is full of complaints but if I was to ask this question there the answers will be biased so I wanted to hear from someone here. If the screen cover is really as dangerous as the thread states it is, then I want to return the cover.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s6-edge/accessories/samsung-view-case-scratched-screen-t31074...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @serena780

Unfortunately it's true. No other carrier is getting it either. It's samsung Canada that is stopping it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Annayya

If you got the case over 3 weeks ago I don't think u can return it unless it has a 30 return policy. I have used mine since day one and I have not seen any damage on my edge due to the case. Nothing at all. The front of the case gets all scratched up but not the device it self. I don't think u need to worry.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the case. I complained to samsung who said bring it back where you bought it. I thought rogers would not do anything so I have not brought it back.

It did not scratch my phone. It's just the case itself is horrendous for scratches and for smudges. I can live with the smudges. Scratches are an issue especially given the price of the case.

Just a reminder to those still waiting. I was in reserve and went to a store (called first to confirm they had the phone) and I got my phone. I had to upgrade from 32gb to 126gb. But I needed a phone asap since I had sold mine. Call around if you do not want to continue waiting.

I got 2 wireless chargers on Kijiji for $60 ($30ea). Not bad
I Plan to Stick Around

That is unfair. Some people have been waiting or wanting certain colors that samsung said they were releasing and then at the last min they just don't release the colors forcing customers to get other versions of the phone or getting a different phone altogether. Since I want gold I'm now forced to get the s6 edge 64 gb..... I normally get the phone with the largest available HD.... but now that can't happen.... thanks samsung
I Plan to Stick Around

Its good to hear that the clear view case isn't scratching the screen for you guys. Thanks for answering. I wonder what those people in the forum did to damage their screens like that with the case. 

I also have scratches for the case itself on the front but I can live with that until I get tired of the case and replace. 

My main complaint is that its very difficult to adjust volume when the flip Cover is open. Also when I close the cover I want it to show me something more than just time and missed notifications. Weather perhaps would be good to see and my appointments for the day. We should also be able to see the missed calls or notifications directly. I don't want to open the cover to see what 5 calls I missed. Lol. Oh and I almost forgot that they should have an icon to swipe to use the camera all with the cover closed. Ofcourse not everyone needs all these so there should be a settings page where we can set up the clear view cover page.  Thus should justify the premium price. 

For $60 Samsung should have worked a little more on the software configuration. Can we expect an update that would allow this or is there an app I can download to set up the screen I see when I close the cover. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Annayya

Unfortunately I wish the notifications for the case were more. It's boring just to see the time and missed call or texts.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

This supply outage is just ridiculous.  I got the S6 Edge 32GB (white) the day it got out and unfortunately for me,device was DOA (problem with LTE signal).  Been waiting for a replacement ever since (it's been like 40 days!, how ridiculous is that).  Just crazy...  got no cellphone and no one can tell me when they will receive an other batch.