Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @DrMEC

It does state that the wireless charger is limited quantities.. They can't get thousands from Samsung to give out. They only get so much as Samsung is running the promotion, not Rogers. The reservation does have its issues as i have been here for many years and ran all the threads for the reservations and see things  but it's not as useless as you say. That's your opinion though. As i and many said, you as a customer have a choice to call stores and see if they have any in stock. Also a word of advice because u keep calling in, they do tend to flag your account for repeat calls for the same thing. Also another note that the reps don't actually see if there is any in stock and how many. All they see is " IN STOCK", “OUT OF STOCK " The system updates every few hours or so. So that means the system could also be giving the wrong information. If you think the reservation with Rogers is" useless" go check Best Buy, Bell and Telus. Customers are STILL waiting for their gold ones and some white ones. You can't really blame the reservation system without searching everyone else that has the same issue.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DeannaN1111

They are telling you what they are supposed to say. They can't tell u " you won't get it for another 3-4 weeks." they are given a script to read from. All call center with every company do this.

You can change your order but u will lose the number you are in. Remember that. Call some stores and see if they have some in stock.
I'm Here A Lot

Hi @Meowmix,
I am sure you are right about all the reservation systems. But I have been waiting for the phone for more than a month through the reservation system. I know you already explained that this system does not have priority but I do not see how it is useful if you are in position 39 after the launch date. On the phone they told me that my order was not processed yet and that I can do it with them. The Rogers representatives have been extremely nice with me and patient. If I stayed with the reservation system I'm sure my order wouldn't be processed before another month.
I'm Here A Lot

Is it just the S6 edge that is out of stock? I really want the edge but is it worth waiting another month or more for, when I could get the regular S6 now. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DrMEC

The reason Why the reps over the phone helped as much is because the minute they saw u called so many times, they most likely got their manager involved and escalated it. Due to that the phone was shipped out early instead. The reservation doesn't work like that. It's first come first serve basis like a store does but u have a reservation on hold u for u. You also have to understand that limited stock is coming from Samsung. I can assure you this. Rogers and even other carriers and Best Buy are getting limited stock due to Samsung not making enough and supplying the other countries. That's also the reason why. As i explained it before. The call center doesn't get a lot of calls for upgrades, thus also why they have some in stock.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DeannaN1111

Its both devices but mostly the Edge is having manufacturing issues and Samsung said a few weeks ago that they are having issues with the edge glass and also the memory. So thus why the edge is taking longer to come out.
I Plan to Stick Around

I recently upgrade my phone to S6 Edge through Rogers' retention department and the rep told me I shall receive the phone within 2-5 business day.

Okie. Then I waited for 5 business day and called to Rogers CS and mentioned I didn't get the phone. So they told me the wait time suppose 2-10 business days.

Okie. I waited for 10 days and called again. The rep on phone told me I shall receive that anytime. Ask me to call again the next day if still not getting the phone.

AS expected. I didn't get the phone and called again the next day. The CS rep told me the order is placed. Shall getting that soon, and asked if I received a shipping notice, I said no and the rep told me that's okie. I shall still receive that soon.

Now, after 3 weeks and almost 4 weeks already. I still waiting for the phone. I called CS again and they told me don't know why, my order shows Pending!! What the hack??

I am so disappointed, and guess what. I got the same problem last year when I upgrade my phone to S5.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Icefire

Unfortunately as I explained above the reps only see "IN STOCK" AND," NOT IN STOCK ". There is a few house variants between the systems so they could be seeing in stock but it might not be OR the reps could be saying that to make ur hope happy. I know that happens.

As for pending, it means 2 things. Pending means that there is a manager or rep looking at the account to make sure everything is good to do the upgrade and OR pending also means the update is pending due to no stock in the warehouse. My buddy works at the warehouse and they only got maybe 3 dozen from Samsung a couple days ago. He can't tell me which colors or models they were but it was labelled as " SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 / S6 edge.

My colleague from work is still waiting with Bell. They are telling customers that the devices are in the warehouse and shipping. He got that email 2 weeks ago. Called in this morning and got told the same. It's a script they all read from
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Just a heads up for all who are still waiting. Give them a call again. I called the call centre monday and was looking to do an upgrade. They told me they just got in lots. I ordered mine (S6 edge 64gb Gold) and got it shipped to me. Received it yesterday. They were able to include the wireless charger for me too.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rocky8

Again as explained above. That can cause your account to be flagged as repeated caller and they might help and might not. The reason Why yours was sent out is because they got a few in on Monday as explained before.

You can try calling and seeing but don't keep calling everyday or so.