Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @Icefire

Unfortunately as I explained above the reps only see "IN STOCK" AND," NOT IN STOCK ". There is a few house variants between the systems so they could be seeing in stock but it might not be OR the reps could be saying that to make ur hope happy. I know that happens.

As for pending, it means 2 things. Pending means that there is a manager or rep looking at the account to make sure everything is good to do the upgrade and OR pending also means the update is pending due to no stock in the warehouse. My buddy works at the warehouse and they only got maybe 3 dozen from Samsung a couple days ago. He can't tell me which colors or models they were but it was labelled as " SAMSUNG GALAXY S6 / S6 edge.

My colleague from work is still waiting with Bell. They are telling customers that the devices are in the warehouse and shipping. He got that email 2 weeks ago. Called in this morning and got told the same. It's a script they all read from
I've Been Here Awhile

Just a heads up for all who are still waiting. Give them a call again. I called the call centre monday and was looking to do an upgrade. They told me they just got in lots. I ordered mine (S6 edge 64gb Gold) and got it shipped to me. Received it yesterday. They were able to include the wireless charger for me too.

I Plan to Stick Around

Good luck man, I placed my order April 21 And still waiting.
I'm Here A Lot

I ordered on April 18... And still nothing..
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Punqewe138

That's because rogers can't do much unless samsung gives them stock
I Plan to Stick Around

I was told yesterday that rogers will not be receiving the S6 or S6 edge 128gb in gold. Can someone please verify if this is true or was it just a lie?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @serena780

Unfortunately it's true. No other carrier is getting it either. It's samsung Canada that is stopping it.
I Plan to Stick Around

I have the case. I complained to samsung who said bring it back where you bought it. I thought rogers would not do anything so I have not brought it back.

It did not scratch my phone. It's just the case itself is horrendous for scratches and for smudges. I can live with the smudges. Scratches are an issue especially given the price of the case.

Just a reminder to those still waiting. I was in reserve and went to a store (called first to confirm they had the phone) and I got my phone. I had to upgrade from 32gb to 126gb. But I needed a phone asap since I had sold mine. Call around if you do not want to continue waiting.

I got 2 wireless chargers on Kijiji for $60 ($30ea). Not bad
I Plan to Stick Around

That is unfair. Some people have been waiting or wanting certain colors that samsung said they were releasing and then at the last min they just don't release the colors forcing customers to get other versions of the phone or getting a different phone altogether. Since I want gold I'm now forced to get the s6 edge 64 gb..... I normally get the phone with the largest available HD.... but now that can't happen.... thanks samsung
I Plan to Stick Around

Its good to hear that the clear view case isn't scratching the screen for you guys. Thanks for answering. I wonder what those people in the forum did to damage their screens like that with the case. 

I also have scratches for the case itself on the front but I can live with that until I get tired of the case and replace. 

My main complaint is that its very difficult to adjust volume when the flip Cover is open. Also when I close the cover I want it to show me something more than just time and missed notifications. Weather perhaps would be good to see and my appointments for the day. We should also be able to see the missed calls or notifications directly. I don't want to open the cover to see what 5 calls I missed. Lol. Oh and I almost forgot that they should have an icon to swipe to use the camera all with the cover closed. Ofcourse not everyone needs all these so there should be a settings page where we can set up the clear view cover page.  Thus should justify the premium price. 

For $60 Samsung should have worked a little more on the software configuration. Can we expect an update that would allow this or is there an app I can download to set up the screen I see when I close the cover.