Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

got mine today (ordered from May 1, 2015) and it came in with a wireless charger.

S6 Edge 128gb (black)

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @gabby131

Thats good to hear! Glad u got it:). Enjoy
I'm Here A Lot

I seem to be getting conflicting answers from Rogers so maybe someone here has experience.

I upgraded my device to the 32GB Edge (not a preorder) online a couple weeks ago. However as we all know the device is backordered and it could take a couple of months to get.

I signed up for a new 2 year Share Everything plan when I upgraded, and they waved my device balance on my current phone. I did everything online through the Rogers website at the time, and then they called me to confirm my order.

Some of the Rogers Corporate stores have the 64GB available. I have been trying to find out from Rogers if I can cancel my online order that I had placed, and just go and buy the 64GB one in store. However every agent I talk to seems to be very confused by this and doesn't know the answer to this question.

Can anyone here shed any light? Anyone try and do the same thing?

Thanks.

Edit: Spelling

I Plan to Stick Around

I had a similar situation everyone told me no it can't be done. I was told this by those I called in the business service center and by those in stores. However one store said they will try but no promises. So I went in and they weren't able to do it but they called someone and they did it over the phone for me. I signed some papers and away I went. Go to the store, can't hurt to try. Good luck.
I Plan to Stick Around

This is so messed up, I've been sitting in queue, 11, in OPEN status for the S6 Edge Black 128 GB, and nothing... Got my bill and I got a nice reservation fee on it too, reserved the phone April 12, and Rogers still has not bothered to send the phone out to me.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Annayya

Weird i don't have those issues either. Let me look it up and see.
@comcry wrote:
I do not have that issue annayya.

That's odd. The only option I have now is to send it to Samsung for repair or replacement. They will likely chose to repair and who knows what else they may mess up during the repair.

This is such a small issue that I don't want go back to my old phone for 15 days or so while waiting to get this fixed.

I will post it in the Samsung Forum and see what they say.

it seems like reflections from the glass layers underneath as when I tilt the phone the two reflections move accordingly. 

http://oi58.tinypic.com/jr7h4l.jpg

I Plan to Stick Around

@Annayya

That could be the reflection from the GOLD finish, so when they lit up, there is a reflection between the light underneath the glass and a two-way mirror effect from the gold overlapping the phone if that makes any sense... I had the same issue in my Samsung S4... there is nothing wrong with the phone though.

@Meowmix

I did get my phone today... Shipped from the warehouse.. spoke to the agent yesterday and got it today.

64-bit.. Black.. and guess what.. I GOT THE CHARGER TOO... including the Sim card which they said they wont supply...

OHH EM GEEE... this phone is absolutely amazing, I love the new OS...... So while quantities last everyone should be getting the Wireless Charger and by everyone I mean if you renewed your contract *upgraded the device* on a share everything plan.

@spegs

I was in the same situation as you... except i did the reservation method... so for me it was easier to just go online and cancel the reservation - get my $40 back... and just let the agent ship the 64-bit or you can go to any store they have the 64's...... Try and call them again and simply tell them you have been waiting forEVER now and you want to speed things up so can we cancel your online order and just go pick up the phone at the store, or they can ship it to you?

@Prospect

You will get the $40 reservation fee back to you once you pick up the phone.

If you dont want to wait anymore (like myself, becuase i waited a month)... i cancelled my reservation online... called rogers and told them to ship me a 64-bit from the warehouse.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Prospect

The reservation fee was explained to u when u did the reservation. The $40 + tax is charged for the reservation which u will get all back once it either ships out or u cancel your reservation. You can call the stores and see if they have any in stock but not many stores in Canada seems to have the 128GB model in any carrier. It seems like something is going on with Samsung. Rogers can't say anything unless Samsung does.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Annayya

I noticed that mine in the dark is showing light around a the bezel of the phone. The whole thing. It doesn't bother me as much but it does at times.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

hello

This is so messed up, I've been sitting in queue, 11, in OPEN status for the S6 Edge Black 128 GB

i was like this also with 128 GB called like 5 times, got no where. then 4 times on chat got no where and at the last chat was blunt lies to me. so got on phone again and complained and mention the lies, instanst boss/manager came on and everything changed and the 128 GB phone was in the mail next day with tracking plus stress refunds also. and he said now u only deal with me and i call me back in 7 days just make sure all is good and i got it..try to get maanger on, these employee need all be fired or retrained. i can se maybe one not being train good but everyone u talk to is fully useless. and once boss straighten everything out, is amazing the phone they said was there came in mail super fast hmmm glad mt stress is all over.

the manager i got was amazing wish there workers were as nice and acomidating.

oh yea still my preorder is still in progress since first day theblack was released lol this glitch is huge i guess .