Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

@AFFF wrote:

I'm #159 for the s6 edge gold 32gb, after reading about how long it's taking for people to get their phone I no longer think I'm going to be getting it april 30th since my position still says open. Will those who ordered the gold still be getting the wireless chargers? I ordered my phone around march 30th.

Good question. I no longer see the free wireless charger in the promotions: http://www.rogers.com/consumer/wireless/promotions

Did Rogers run out of chargers already ?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I sure hope not, I should also mention I got an email from rogers giving me a $30 uber credit for reserving, I hope thats not in place of the charger.

I Plan to Stick Around

Example: If Rogers have 300 units of the Gold 64GB right now, they will ship maybe 250 to stores and honor the first 50 on the reservation lists. In those 250 stores, most of them will be flagship stores, not authorized dealers. Like I have always done with all my previous reservations, I never waited until they called me, I just went to the flagship store closest to me on launch day, at opening time, and always got my phone, but not the one that was meant for me, one that was meant for anybody that wa sup for it. The only time that backfired was with the Note 4, when there was a system problem and they could not sell me my phone. It was still ther though. 

So, if you really want your phone on thursday, show up to a flagship store early morning, if there is one next to where you live, and buy one just like that.

I Plan to Stick Around

i don't think they only save 50 for reservations if they had 300... from what i know most of their initial devices are for reservations... i could be wrong though... i have heard people go without reservation to flagship stores in Toronto and none were for walkin sale.. only if you reserved it...

i am #4 out of 33 for the business side for a 64gb gold... i dunno how reliable the business side is cause so far the business side has been a completely BAD Experience... if it wasnt for the price of my plan i would just leave Rogers all together...

if anything I hope my buddy can pull through and save me a 64GB gold at the store ... supposedly they are receiving stock today or tomorrow for Gold ones as he got the shipment notice already..he just doesn't doesn't know how many are for reservations.. but it's store in  boon town so i'm hopeful... hope he's not pulling my chain

getting the phone within a day or so of launch will be worth it as i don't really care for the wireless charger.. i have 4 of them

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @AFFF

Everyone got that email. Also the free wireless charger was taken off as it was only limited time. Whoever reserved the S6 both models when the deal was on, will get one. I have explained this multiple times..
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Annayya

It was only a limited time offer... They won't have it on forever. I explained this before. So if u reserved the phone within that period, u will get one
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello guys

@polishpat said. They send more to the stores then the reservations as they give more to the stores but it's ONLY a handful. Not many. So if u want the device, go to ur local store and see if u can get one on thrusday but u will lose the free wireless charger. That's the only downfall. Do also remember that if u aee a business customer I have explained this multiple times that rogers takes their time with them due to the settings, account security and such so u will get it later on.
I Plan to Stick Around

i have a question on my samsung galaxy s6 edge, i don't see ripple effect only sparkle effect and bubble effects and how can i get ripple effect on mine galaxy s6 edge

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @kyleh

I don't think u can get it back. Samsung took it out and added the new one
I Plan to Stick Around

thanks alot