Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

@drlarsen wrote:
@DrMike

Yeah, I know that, but it's a huge hassle to manually rearrange 85 apps when I could just click a button to sort A-Z!

@drlarsen 

Sorry, I thought you just wanted control over the apps, didn't realize when you said "sort" that you meant alphabetically. Guess I should have realized that 🙂

That said, if you wanted to use Nova Launcher (a fan favourite) instead of TouchWiz, Nova allows you to do exactly that. Not exactly the solution you wanted but an alternative to consider.

I Plan to Stick Around

@DrMike

Yeah, I am using Nova Launcher for now, but Samsung made all these improvements to TouchWiz for the S6 and I can't use it all because of one small thing.

Ironically, I noticed if you use TouchWiz Easy, then the apps are sorted A-Z, but I don't want Easy either. 😕
I'm a Senior Contributor

@drlarsen wrote:
@DrMike

Yeah, I am using Nova Launcher for now, but Samsung made all these improvements to TouchWiz for the S6 and I can't use it all because of one small thing.

Ironically, I noticed if you use TouchWiz Easy, then the apps are sorted A-Z, but I don't want Easy either. 😕

@drlarsen 

You might be interested in this thread on android central.  Doesn't solve your problem at all, but does suggest, if true, that this is a Samsung thing, not a Rogers thing. I guess Canada is seen as International rather part of the US. Works for us in many things, but not this... 

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s6/518911-galaxy-s6-how-do-you-sort-apps-alphabetica...

I Plan to Stick Around

@drlarsen
from my understanding Nova. Apex, Google, etc etc launchers are just skins for mainly the app draw, and your home screen. it does not replace touchwiz as a whole that is why u can still use the edge options and the settings menu is still all touchwiz.

yes u might not get the home screen features like the 3d affect wallpaper and some of the widgets (like weather) but touchwiz is all still there in the settings and deep parts of the UI and android experience.

but i do understand your frustration about not having a feature you really want... for me i hate alphabetical sorting haha
I Plan to Stick Around

I canceled my Gold S6 Edge reservation to get the S6 early and people will get their gold before I will. 8 days away.
Regret canceling my Gold S6 Edge reservation now. 😞
I Plan to Stick Around

@TheB3ast
I ALMOST did the same thing.. i'm glad i didn't.. yes i could have gotten the white one earlier but i think patience will pay off this time ; > i'm hoping there aren't any issues with the Gold release

I Plan to Stick Around

I need some advice on something unless other people are experiencing the same thing. Everyone I charge my phone, I let the battery drain completely and charge to 100%. When I power it on, it drops 5% within 5 minutes. Overall, I get 1 day with average usage.

Anyone have similar problems or suggestions?
I Plan to Stick Around

It would be nice if Rogers can tell us the following.

Total orders for S6 Edge Gold in queue (Regular + Business + all other)
Total confirmed number of S6 Edge Gold being delivered from Samsung to Rogers on April 30th.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I am starting to wonder if I will ever get my phone.

And thinking of just keeping the Nexus 5.

Wanted on day one or few days later and now I have been waiting for 12 days and still waiting.

Also wanted Gold and can't even get that now. 😞
I Plan to Stick Around

I think this in que for preorder dont make any sense, Meomix corectect me if i wrong but  you sayed preordered in que number is all canada wide well i was 103 for the 128 GB black. does it make sense samsung did not send out at leat 103 cell phone all over canada to rogers during the opening. very hard to believe, i think it more selective picking after rogers get the cell phone and they decide which branch/store get what has nothing to do with who is line or not that why the number disapears soon it goes into progress stage. once number disapears it up to rogers what they want to do with cell phones. No way they didnt send out 103 and i didnt get one..those phone went somewhere else..its all a guessing but this not making any sense and now gold coming out and still nothing on the black. this is crazy now 13-14 days into progress stage and still waiting for mine