Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hi, forgive me if this has already been answered.

I currently have a S3 and can't wait to get the gold S6 edge. The S6 uses nano-sim cards so I will have to change from my micro-sim card in my S3.

I was looking on the Rogers site and it offers 3 different ones: LTE Nano SIM card, Suretap Dual SIM and Suretap Nano Sim.

What's the difference between the 3 and which one is for the S6?

Thank you!

I Plan to Stick Around

@rocky8

I don't know which Sim the S6 uses but I know the carrier is supposed to give you one for free for the S6 when u pick up the phone.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @rocky8 & @TheB3ast

The Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge both use a Nano sim card. Rogers does give one out for free.
I Plan to Stick Around

So is it true that no one in Canada who preordered got the S6 edge gold version yet.

I preordered the 64GB edge gold and now I am scrambling to find a clear view cover gold. It is not yet available anywhere, in store or online. Where can I get this case from ?

I want to have the case on or before April 30th, assuming I get my phone that day.

I Plan to Stick Around

To those of you who have received your device, did you get your free 100gb OneDrive? If so, what did you do to get it?

Thanks

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Annayya

This was confirmed a week or so ago that the Gold one would be released April 30th.. The clear view case is sold on Crackberry and on Expansys. Some of them are still on PRE ORDER though.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@dynot

Yes you do. I never signed up for it though as I don't need it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Meowmix

I placed my order through Business Account so I don't know what my number is in the digital queue, neither did I get any text message telling me when it will be available.

I actually pre-ordered it before April 10th but had to cancel the order to change my plan and then place the order back.

Can it be assumed that anyone who placed an order on or before April 30th for the gold phone is guaranteed to get it in first week of May. Or will it be a small batch of people getting first and the rest have to continue waiting.

I ordered the clear view edge gold case. I guess thats going to be a wait as well into mid May or so. Thanks for the info.

I find it odd that I can't place this order through the Samsung website and that they dont even have the cases in stock after the official release date.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So I received my Galaxy S6 Edge through my business account on Tuesday. I was afraid that I was going to get the regular S6 because of what the email said but as it turns out I got the right phone!

My first impressions of this phone are that it is a fantastic piece of hardware. The Quad HD screen is unbelievable and is far brighter than the screen on my Nexus 6.

This phone is fast! Everything opens smoothly and quickly and I haven't really experienced any lag thus far. I immediately changed the launcher to the Google Now launcher so that I could come closer to replicating the "vanilla" Android experience that I've had on my Nexus 6. With the launcher installed everything runs extremely smooth and I'm happy with the experience.

There are only a couple of things that I don't care for much on this phone thus far:

1) The battery. For the first couple of days the battery life was absolutely horrid and I was charging it at least 3 times a day. It has improved with time although it usually spends most of it's time sitting on the wireless charger that I have on my desk at work.

2) The Edge screen makes it a little hard to access certain touch screen options from time to time. For example the settings button in the pull down notification bar. This button is on the far right side of the screen and partially resides on the Edge. I find that I need to press it a few times to make it register sometimes. Not a huge issue but still a useability concern from time to time.

3) The fingerprint sensor could be faster. I find it a little annoying that I have to press it over and over again. I have huge fingers though so maybe this has something to do with?

Other than that I LOVE this phone! Touchwiz is so much better than it's ever been and everything is smooth and easy to use. The phone itself is gorgeous and turns heads when I use it at my desk or when out with friends. Even some of my iphone-using friends are considering it now....

I have a cheap, clear thin hard plastic cover on the phone right now and I'm constantly worrying about dropping it because it slips out of the hand easily....

This morning I ordered the Spigen New-Hybrid case and the Flex clear screen protector too. This phone is too nice not to protect properly!

And that's it for now. If you're on the fence and still considering this phone..... buy it! Simply amazing 🙂

I Plan to Stick Around

@Annayya 

u should be able to see your reservation number when login to:

https://reservebusinessdevice.ca/signin.aspx

mine shows #4 out of 33 for the 64GB s6 edge... there is no guarantee it seems to get your device since people are still waiting for their black or white one...

it really depends how many Samsung decides to ship to Rogers and how many of those Rogers decides to set aside for business accounts...

i am gonna try to go into a store on april 30th to get it before they fulfil my order just to get it on time.. as business orders are HORRIBLE... i understand they need to attach the account before they send it out, but still.. horrible..