Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Anyone can confirm all the bands that S6 (G920W8) support?  S6 edge (G925W8) should be similar.  

I'm getting conflicting search results on what LTE bands the Canadian model has.  It has B4 (LTE1700/2100) and B17 (LTE700).  No B7 (LTE2600) that Rogers has additionally?  I'd like to know before I buy my reservation outright when available.

I Plan to Stick Around

@jsinger21
this is normal for a brand new device out of the box... you have to remember when you turn your device on for the first time A LOT is happening in the background.

also you do a lot of app downloading and those files need to setup as well.

the battery needs to calibrate as well.

Also my thought is that Samsung/Rogers needed to get the device out by April 10th and probably released a "workable" OS and will address issues there.. i wouldn't be surprised if apps you download from the playstore cause WAKE issues with the device..

some apps are not developed properly and will prevent the phone from going to DEEP SLEEP or cause wake locks... this will cause the battery to drain a lot faster as well.

usually after the frist 3-4 days the battery starts to settle and then probably a few weeks to a month or so till an OS update improves battery life.

you have to remember you are all the first people in the world to use this device... the EDGE being a new form factor and touchwiz being revamped i am sure there are TONNES of bugs.. you are all beta testers so please be aware of this when u pick up a new device with new tech

hope that helps ; >
I've Been Here Awhile

32G S6 Business reservation made 3/3/15, was #3 in queue.

Resveration was parked 2 days ago when I checked status, said there was a problem, asked me to call in. When I did was told no problem, reservation released.

Status has been in progress (activation) since April 10. No phone, no eta on when it will ship.

I appreciate Rogers fulfils individual order before business, but being #3 in the queue, i should have had this phone last week...

Terrible customer service.

I Plan to Stick Around

hi @SKelly1  Best buy has samsung galaxy s6 and samsung galaxy s6 edge in stock and you can reserved it depending where you live.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks Kyleh

I Plan to Stick Around

your welcome

I Plan to Stick Around

hi @Scarborough

ps which model are you getting

I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think Best Buy can do Business Accounts... 

gotta find a corporate store that does business accounts in your area... 

I Plan to Stick Around

Just curious.. do we have to ativate the sim or is already activated? The one that will be coming in with the box.

I Plan to Stick Around

2 charges so far and I get less than 12 hours before I need a recharge. I hope it gets better soon. I love the phone so far.