Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

@jeneric28

I thot just me having an error anyway thanks 😉...must be a system problem.. let's be patience wer gonna get ours soon..
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix  oh i got some update through preordering from the samsung store, long story short NEVER ORDER FROM THE SAMSUNG STORE. They are unprofessional and they lie to their customers. My friend who unfortunately ordered from there had such a bad experience. First they lied about the "guaranteed day one" thing, the guy there even mocked him saying "...isnt that what a preorders for?". Finally when the phone launched he was not able to get it because the "Bell mobility" guy hasnt delievered their stock yet while all the other carriers were in stock. You would assume that the Samsung store would have direct stock from samsung, but nope they recieve it from carriers. The employee even suggested him buying a other carrier phone and just to unlock it (at your own expense), which is probably the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I'm a Senior Contributor

@frith wrote:

Just gonna throw this out there again and hope my last post was just buried lol, but has anyone tried wireless charging with a case on?  Does it work?

@frith 

It is definitely NOT a problem. I have the S6 (non-edge) and a Spigen NeoHybrid case and it charges on the wireless charger just fine.

I've Been Here Awhile

So I was planning on getting the s6 and rogers is saying that I need to change my plan? I have already fulfilled my obligations with my iPhone 4s and have no contract but to upgrade they say I need the share everything plan?? For 6 gigs of data the plan is $130 when I'm only paying $80 now. Any help would be appreciated thanks
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @mrdrk123

Thankfully I have never tried the Samsung store but i have heard awful things about it. This is another thing. It seems even their own stores aren't getting anything proper. Lol
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @shaft_onr

Hmm if u have a $80 or more plan it should work but I guess they want everyone to get the new plans. Call Rogers and see what they can do
I've Been Here Awhile

Turns out i'm in the same situation as you. They ordered the edge for me while I want the normal s6. I called rogers Saturday. Was told that it is there mistake, I was even given 25$ off my next bill because of there mistake. But since my reservation is being processed I have to wait for them to ship it to me, ship it back and then order the phone I actually want. Plus I might not get the wireless charger like I was suppose to since I reserved in advance. With all the problems I have been having with rogers lately. I'm really not impressed.
I Plan to Stick Around

FYI if the representative offers to give you a sim card for free when you get your phone, take it. I thought the S6 took micro simcards because that is what the lady representative said it took, so I was just going to use my old one and refused the free one. But when I got home I found out that the S6 takes nano simcards arghh. So I have to go back to the store. Hopefully they don't charge me the $10 for it 😞

I Plan to Stick Around

@shaft_one

You can keep the plan u got but u will have to purchase the phone outright.

If you want to go on contract, you have to get a new plan which is weird.

Those new plans are garbage compared to what we have RN.

I will be purchasing the phone outright and keep the plan I got maybe call Rogers they might be able to work something out.

I Plan to Stick Around

@shaft_one*