Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello @chrisuoft1

Unfortunately stores are able to charge the extra $50 ontop. Something that has been going on for years. That's why
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix
What do they charge it for though?
I've Been Here Awhile

Even corporate stores can charge $50 on top? It's kind of deceiving to advertise a no term price of 849 and then charge more if it's not a new activation. No where in the fine print did it say it would cost more. Does bell charge extra?
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TheB3ast

I don't have a clue what that $50 is charged for but all Rogers stores charge it unless u can find one that one and give u the price they see on the site which isn't many. I have heard many stores that the stores charge it to make money, the fee is for the device being sold at the stores.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @chrisuoft1

Bell does as well. All carriers do. It seems to be a extra charge for the stores to charge
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is it to unlock the phone maybe?
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Got my 64G black S6 this afternoon. Not without some drama at the store but in the end all worked out OK. First they said they did not have it even though one of the employees signed for it. But they did have phones in stock so they were going to give me a phone from stock and then supply the charger later. However, they finally found it and I got both phone and charger. 

So now I need a recommendation from the wise folks here please.

I already had purchased a Spigen NeoHybrid case for it but I was not going to get any sort of screen protector film this time. After getting the phone and putting it in the case, I am re-thinking that decision and maybe now I think I should buy a screen protector as well?

1. Do you use screen protectors or find them unnecessary?

2. If you use them, what brand(s) etc do you recommend?

Thanks.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @DrMike

I don't use one on any of my devices. No need for it and it's a extra cost for me that I don't need to get. While yes it may be a bit safer is someone's eyes, its also money being spent for a screen protector that will get bubbles and it will come off due to use in a couple of months. Also this is Gorilla Glass 4. Lol. Some people will disagree with me but that's fine.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @TheB3ast

No the unlocking price is charged when u unlock the device. The cost in my eyes could be just the store selling the device or something.. I will look it up and let u guys know.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

@Meowmix 

Re: Screen protector

Well that was my thinking as well. I have always used a screen protector before but thought that maybe being better glass than ever that it wasn't needed. The types I have used before have never peeled off, but yes it is sometimes a challenge to get them bubble-free or wrinkle-free. But then I started to think about how much money I just plucked down (present and committed) and would hate to see the glass get scratched as I put the phone into and out of my belt/holder case.

Will be interested to see opposing opinions.

Thanks for your reply.