Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello everyone! 

So I was looking at the wireless charger that you get with ur reservation.  It's a pretty good one.  You would be amazed on what it does. The whole ring on the plate glows green and blue. I have attached images I found online.  At night time it's really bright so I don't know if many will like it but many have said it's great during low light and light in the room. Green is when it's charging and blue is when it's fully charged  

samsung-new-qi-charger-8.jpg

samsung-new-qi-charger-9.jpg

I'm Here A Lot

I'm using Rogers Next to get the S6 Edge, I'll see how bored I get this week but it seems every time I try and contact Rogers retention department it turns into a one hour mostly aggravating procedure. Which doesn't seem worth it because whether I get the phone Friday or Saturday won't make a whole bunch of difference in the grand scheme of things. I work Friday and have a concert on Friday night so would have much time to play with it anyway, since I have it on reserve it will be there Saturday morning anyway. On another note, since I'm getting the 128 GB model I won't be continuing with the Rogers Next program because when when you switch your device at the end of the year, you need to give back your old one. I didn't mind doing that with the S5 as its original price was $250, but now that I'm getting the 128 GB S6 Edge, it will still cost approximately 300$ above and beyond the 250$ credit which Rogers Next entitles me to. To then give back the phone next year and repeat the process with what I will guess is going to be a waterproof S7 Edge, would not make sense. Better I drop the Rogers Next program and if I wish next year sell my S6 Edge privately, and pay any early upgrade fees applicable then. With Rogers Next, they have you hooked, if I wanted to switch to a different service provider now I would be throwing away the year of payments I've already made towards the next phone. Still happy I did it last year, but I won't be doing it again this time.
I'm Here A Lot

Should have spell checked. I "wouldn't" have much time on the Friday, not would, oops.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Canadiver

Oh that's true. With me i never used that program as i always sell my devices for more on Kijiji or via private sell but it's different I guess.
I Plan to Stick Around

I know the Rogers Next program is discontinued so no need to worry about renewing and same boat as you I have the s6 edge 128gb position 10
I Plan to Stick Around

I heard that Rogers is pulling the plug on the Next program. Or perhaps it's already shut down? Lack of interest maybe?

I'm with meowmix. I sell my phones on Kijiji when it's time for me to upgrade. I sell one phone and always keep my last purchased phone as a backup. For a short time every upgrade cycle I have three phones on hand and the next one up to sell is the oldest of the three. 

With the purchase of this S6 Edge, I will be selling my oneplus one on Kijiji and keeping my Nexus 6 as a backup to the S6. I briefly had a Note Edge between the oneplus and the Nexus 6 but I dumped it almost immediately because of touchwiz. I'm really hoping the software is toned down this time like most reviews are saying it is.... It wasn't easy getting rid of that Note Edge though. The screen was absolutely stunning! I'm excited for this S6 ☺

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zeus268

Yeah Rogers is pulling the Next program as it wasn't doing much and not many were taking it. Many had issues with it from what i have heard. I am keeping my G3 and Z3 as a back up. Seeing as my Z3 is factory unlocked and boatloader unlocked so I can do pretty much anything on it lol. Usually I sell my previous devices though.
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix

I had the G3 before the Oneplus. I was so excited for that phone. It was my first phone with quad HD screen and It was beautiful but that phone didn't do it for me for a couple of reasons. First, that screen, though beautiful was far too dim for me. Secondly the software, although better than the G2 which I had before didn't look or feel that great. I like Sony, HTC, and Motorola phones when it comes to the software. Less bloat and a more stripped down version closer to vanilla Android.
My Sony Z1 was one of my most beloved phones. Loved the waterproof as I did underwater video with it and the battery life was killer. I heard the z3 is even better!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zeus268

The G3 with the new Lollipop update is amazing! Plus there is no lag and seems faster! My Z3 is the best device so far I have ever used. Battery lasts me 1.5 days at most and just having the SD card and waterproof was amazing.. Plus it's factory unlocked and boatloader unlocked so :p.

Anyway back on topic before anything happens haha. Can't wait until Friday!!!
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm really hoping we get it earlier than Friday! Crazier things have happened...
I won't get my hopes up though. I'm ok with Friday if that's what it has to be. Problem is that I work on Friday and the UPS pickup window will be closed by the time I'm done.
I guess Saturday is the day I will be able to pickup.

Cmon Saturday...... ☺