Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge Questions / Reservation numbers!

Hello dynot

Thanks for your help! I checked and left a message on that board. Let's see what that user says in response.
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure if links are allowed here so I'll just let you all know that it is on the XDA forums under Galaxy S6 edge, general, Canada post. Look for post #26. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dynot

They are but seeing as its for another carrier idk if it's allowed but yeah we can
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dynot

Its true. The Telus customer did get a email saying that it will ship. It could be that Samsung is releasing the devices a bit early OR the carrier is releasing the devices a bit early. I don't think Rogers will do it as it ha to be picked up at the store and the systems WON'T allow the devices to be purchased or let u upgrade to that device until launch day. So nothing Rogers or Bell can do unless Samsung let's them change the system to let them sell and upgrade the accounts to the new S6 before launch.  All Telus did was send out the devices to peoples houses. It doesn't involve a store to do the upgrade. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Hey MeowMix, 

Quite a few posts back, you mentioned that you had seen the Samsung Galaxy S6 in White, as well as the Gold. Could you let me know which location has a live demo for the Gold?

So far, I've been to the Best Buy & FutureShop (before it closed) & Rogers in and around Dundas Sq/Eaton Centre. They only seem to have the Black Sapphire and White on display. I also called the Rogers stores at Yorkdale and Scarborough Town Centre (this was about a week back) and the reps told me that they only had the White & Black.

I just want to get a real look at the Gold S6 because, while the color does seem like actual gold in some pictures/video and silver in others (just like it's name Gold Platinum suggests), in many other pics/vid it can look flat beige (depending on the lighting). I'm not a fan of this. I don't want to pre-order and then later find out that the color really does take on more of a beige appearance in natural light. 

I've already learned my lesson with the White S6. I usually go for the white phones in general, and assumed that the "Pearl" finish would look even nicer. However, after seeing the display, I feel that at some angles the sheen makes the back look rather plastic and unattractive. 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello shimshim

The stores took down the Gold model as Rogers and Bell got a noticed to ship them back and only have black and or white. This one was at the Rogers store at the Eaton's center and the bell store at the Eaton's center as well.

I would suggest jusy picking up the color u really want. Remember you are most likely going to put a case on the device so to me I don't care what color it is.
I Plan to Stick Around

@shimshim
I posted a youtube video a few pages back that shows the gold in its truest colour.

IMHO it looks awesome.... Gotta bite my teeth to wait the extra 3 weeks
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jeneric28

I seen that video! Honestly to me I only like black or blue I guess lol
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I guess I'll go with Black Sapphire and hope that I don't have any regrets on April 30th. 

Thanks for the info! Smiley Happy

I Plan to Stick Around

Hehe gold is a niche colour... I've wanted the gold note 4 and the lg g3 which both didn't come to Canada...

This time it is...

I'm bored with white... Bored with black long time ago...

I had the white s3 white note 3 white note 4.. And i have a black oneplus

Need more variety in my line up...

@shimshim

The black sapphire looks navy blue hence the name.. As sapphire is a blue coloured stone..